Welcome to Anderson Elementary School - Home of the Aces
Happy Holidays from the Aces Family to you!
See you back at school Monday, January 6th, 2020!
This website will provide you with the most up-to-date information about Anderson Elementary School. We are continually making changes. Bookmark this site and check-in frequently.
You may have noticed changed that we have implemented to establish a safe campus during school hours. Many of these changes were recommendations based on safety audits and observations that we have conducted.
- Before School - 8:45-8:57am:
- Gates will open at 8:45am. Supervision begins at that time. We ask that students and families plan to arrive at that time or later as there will be no access to the campus before 8:45. Check-in at the office for all school-related business between 8:00am and 8:45am.
- We ask all adults to leave the campus at the 8:57 bell. Gates are locked and campus is secured at 9:00am
- All adults are asked to vacate the grounds through the gates. Doors will be locked limiting passage through the building in the morning.
- Students are late as of 9:00am and need to check in at the office.
- Early Release of Students During the School Day:
- We struggle with chronic absenteeism. Leaving early does count against your student’s attendance record and impacts your child’s learning. Please make every effort to make appointments after the school day or during breaks.
- We can only release students when the parent/guardian is checking out the child. We do not pull students from class in advance of parent/guardian arrival. Please plan time to check out and transition your child from the classroom in your schedule to keep you on time.
- Due to the time that it takes to communicate with classrooms and transition your child out of class early, we will not pull students from the learning environment if the request is made within the last fifteen minutes of the school day.
- After School – 3:00pm or 2:15pm on Wednesdays:
- Keeping with our single-point-of-entry model, gates will remain closed until the end of the school day – 3:00pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 2:15 on Wednesday.
- Once the bell rings, gates will open to allow adults on campus. Older siblings will be asked to wait outside the gates for younger children to exit school grounds.
These changes are in response to parent concerns about issues related to the safety of our campus and our students. Thank you for your patience with these changes.
Student Climate Survey
- 5th and 6th grade students are invited to voice their opinion about our school in our annual Student Climate Survey. Permission slips were sent home with your child and posted on our website. These only have to be returned if you do not wish your student to participate.
- Students can acceess the link to the survey here.
- Before School - 8:45-8:57am:
School Hours & General Information
Please note the following hours:
- 8:45am: Morning recess supervision begins. This is 15 minutes later than previous years. Please do not send students to school before 8:45am.
- 8:57am: First bell rings.
- 9:00am: Tardy bell rings, school begins.
School days ends:
- 3:00pm on regular schedule days
- 2:15pm on early release days
Morning Entrance Gates
There are two entrance gates that will open at 8:45am in the morning. This help us provide adequate supervision of students entering school grounds in the morning. Please make sure your children do not arrive too early.
- Front, West Side Gate (Pre-K side)
- Back gate
- Join us on Social Media: We want to increase our avenues for communicating with you. Consider following our social media accounts:
- Twitter: @Anderson_Aces
- Instagram: andersonaces
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Anderson/
Keep Informed - Calls, Emails & Texts
Missed a Call?
We want to make sure you are getting the important messages we are sending out. We send a call, email and text most Monday evenings. This is a slight change from our usual habit of sending calls out on Sundays:
- If you are not receiving our messages, contact the office @ 775-689-2500 to update your information.
- If you missed a call or would like to see past messages we have sent home, click here.
Anderson Elementary School is an inclusive community filled with compassionate and dedicated families and staff focused on empowering students to achieve their highest academic and social potential.
Anderson Elementary School supports students’ and families’ individual goals through rigorous instruction and social emotional guidance to build positive relationships every day.
From the District...
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page. For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
WCSD Parent Student Handbook