This website will provide you with the most up-to-date information about Anderson Elementary School. We are continually making changes. Bookmark this site and check-in frequently.
Summer School - Escuela de Verano - [Link to Register]
We are excited to open the enrollment period for the District’s summer school programs. The District offers four consecutive weeks of summer learning for all students in grades Kindergarten through 12th starting on June 22 through July 15. Each week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, students can attend summer school at their zoned school or work independently, using virtual learning options. For students attending in person transportation will be provided as need. Breakfast and lunch will be provided for both students participating in virtual learning and in person.
The summer programs will be socially and academically specific for grade levels. Elementary school students will get additional help with math, reading, and language arts in addition to fun and enriching activities. For students in grades 6 through 8, they will have individual support from teachers to work on academics using STEM and STEAM focus. Students can plan for a 5.5 hour school day with instructional time, recess, lunch, and enrichment activities.
To participate, families must enroll their students using the online summer school sign-up form before April 30. The form is available on our website www.washoeschools.net/summerschool and here. Please only complete one form per student.
Estamos muy contentos de abrir el periodo de inscripción para los programas de escuela de verano del Distrito. El Distrito ofrece cuatro semanas consecutivas de aprendizaje durante el verano para todos los estudiantes en los grados de kínder al 12 grado comenzando el 22 de junio al 15 de julio, 2021. Cada semana, los martes, miércoles y jueves, los estudiantes pueden asistir a la escuela de verano en su zona o trabajar de forma independiente usando los recursos virtuales de aprendizaje. Para los estudiantes asistiendo en persona se ofrecerá transporte escolar si es necesario según las zonas actuales de transporte. Se ofrecerá desayuno y almuerzo gratuito para los estudiantes participando en la escuela o virtualmente. Los programas de verano serán socialmente y académicamente para los niveles de grado.
Los estudiantes pueden esperar un día escolar de 5.5 horas durante las cuatro semanas de escuela de verano. Esto incluye tiempo de instrucción, actividades de enriquecimiento y almuerzo y descansos. El horario podrá ser más extenso para los estudiantes del 9 al 12 grado dependiendo de su programa. El horario de entrada y salida serán diferentes de escuela a escuela pero estamos trabajando arduamente para el horario final y los detalles de transportación se compartirán con las familias en breve.
Los programas de verano serán específicos para cada nivel escolar en lo académico y social. Los estudiantes de primaria recibirán ayuda adicional con matemáticas, lectura y artes del idioma ingles, además de actividades divertidas y enriquecedoras. Para los estudiantes del 6 al 8 grado, tendrán apoyo individual de los maestros para trabajar en las materias usando STEM y STEAM.
Para participar las familias deben inscribir a sus estudiantes usando el formulario de inscripción en línea antes del 30 de abril. El formulario esta disponible en nuestro sitio web www.washoeschools.net/summerschool y aquí (link). Por favor responda a un formulario por estudiante.
Swope Registration for Sixth Grade
Registration and course selection for 7th grade at SWOPE Middle school has opened. If your student is zoned for SWOPE Middle School, please make sure you have registered your student as it will impede them from being able to make course selections for next year. If you are unsure of what to do, please contact Ms. Anita at 689-2500 extention 7.
This week 6th grade students, in-person and via teams, will meet with Mrs. Justus to be introduced to the basics of SWOPE and explain course selection. It is beneficial and recommended to discuss course selections as a family, so you are aware of what your student’s course load will look like for the upcoming school year. Access to course selections is located here. Course selections will need to be submitted by March 12th, otherwise the SWOPE will make the selections for the student.
If you have questions with registration or course selection, please feel free to reach out to SWOPE middle school or Anderson staff.
Connect with your middle school:
2021-2022 Online Registration
- Complete your Online Registration Now!
- We need your registration updated for the 2020-2021 School Year. Please follow this link: https://www.washoeschools.net/Page/928 to navigate the Infinite Campus Parent Portal to complete your 2020-2021 Online Registration. This is simply an update of your personal information as well as parent consent forms.
- Why is this important:
- School enrollment projections are being tied to online registration which in turn determines teacher allocations.
- We need accurate information from you and your family for next year.
- We cannot move forward with class assignment without this process first being completed.
- Thank you for your time and appreciate the assistance.
- Related Links:
- Gates open @ 8:50a.
- Students enter through the front of the school. Back gate will remain closed for entry and exit.
- Sorry parents - This year you will have to wave goodbyes from he gates. No parents on campus for safety reasons.
- Students only need to bring masks and water bottles. Please do not bring backpacks or other materials - everything will be provided at the school. Upon entry, students report to their classrooms for breakfast and opening activities.
- Students in classrooms 1-5, 21-22 and 23-24 will enter through the West Gate (GATE A) and students walk directly to classrooms for breakfast. Students are to maintain social distancing (6-foot).
- Students in classrooms 6-20 will enter through the East Gate (GATE B) and students walk directly to classrooms for breakfast. Students are to maintain social distancing (6-foot).
- Gates open @ 3:00p/2:15p on Wednesday. Only students will be allowed on campus.
- Students in classrooms 1-7, 21-22 and 23-24 will exit through the West Gate and students walk directly off campus. Loitering at gates or in the front of the school is not allowed. Students are to maintain social distancing (6-foot).
- Students in classrooms 8-20 will exit through the East Gate and students walk directly off campus. Loitering at gates or in the front of the school is not allowed. Students are to maintain social distancing (6-foot).
- Gates close at 3:15p/2:30p on Wednesday.
- FACE COVERINGS
- Face coverings are required on campus at all times – for all. This includes recess. Our school plans to have face coverings for those that are unable to bring a face covering from home. However, we will be unable to guarantee the fit and comfort of these face coverings for all students. We recommended that students bring face coverings from home that they are comfortable wearing all day.
- Water fountains are to be used for filling water bottles only.
- We encourage students to bring water bottles from home. Please label them with your child's name.
- Complete your Online Registration Now!
- Join us on Social Media: We want to increase our avenues for communicating with you. Consider following our social media accounts:
- Twitter: @Anderson_Aces
- Instagram: andersonaces
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Anderson/
Keep Informed - Calls, Emails & Texts
Missed a Call?
We want to make sure you are getting the important messages we are sending out. We send a call, email and text most Monday evenings. This is a slight change from our usual habit of sending calls out on Sundays:
- If you are not receiving our messages, contact the office @ 775-689-2500 to update your information.
- If you missed a call or would like to see past messages we have sent home, click here.
Anderson Elementary School is an inclusive community filled with compassionate and dedicated families and staff focused on empowering students to achieve their highest academic and social potential.
Anderson Elementary School supports students’ and families’ individual goals through rigorous instruction and social emotional guidance to build positive relationships every day.
There are no upcoming events to display.
From the District...
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
El Distrito prohíbe la intimidación, la intimidación cibernética, el acoso, el acoso sexual, la discriminación y / o las represalias en cualquiera de sus programas / actividades educativas, empleo y oportunidades de empleo. Para obtener la declaración completa del Aviso de No Discriminación del Distrito, así como los métodos para abordar preguntas e inquietudes, visite nuestra página de Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility
Para más información visite Civil Rights Compliance Department page.