DISTANCE LEARNING - IS OPEN
Welcome to Distance Learning, Week 2
Distance Learning opportunities started up last week.We made positive contact with 85% of our students and families and had 272 participants in Virtual Classroom Sessions. If you have not contacted your teacher, search them on class dojo, email them or contact the office (see below). We are looking for more students to turn in work for teacher feedback this week and participate in Virtual Classroom Sessions. Please use this website to help you get the information your need to be connected and successful during Distance Learning.
If you need a learning packet, click here for Elementary Content (K-5) and Middle School Content (6). If you are need of a packet, please let your teacher know. There are no longer any active packet distribution sites.
School Updates and Resources
Anderson Elementary School is closed through Wendesday April 15. The buildings and grounds are closed to all except essential personell. Students are scheduled to return Thursday, April 16. Please attend to additional announcements for changes to the clsoreu status. Visit the WCSD Distance Learning and Family Wellness webpage for the most up-to-date information and Frequently Asked Questions.
The office is now "open," however our staff is working safely off-site. The building remains closed. Please call our main phone number between the hours of 8:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-2:00pm. We are able to provide all of the services that are possible in a virtual setting including:
- Online Registration
- Distance Learning Updates
- General School Updates
Office Phone Number:
Please listen to the phone tree for specific selections. Your selection changes based on the time that you call the office.
- 8:00am-10:00am - Press 2
- 10:00am-12:00pm - Press 3
- 1:00pm-3:00pm - Press 1
Due to the volume of calls, you may be directed to voicemail. Please leave a message so that we can return your call in a timely fashion. Since we are calling from personal phone lines, the call you receive may be appear as "No Caller ID" or "Blocked."
Other Important Information
- Food resources are available. Click here for more information about wellness resources in our community or contact our office to connect to resources provided by the school. Food is distributed by the Food Bank of Northern Nevada on Tuesdays and Fridays from 12:30-1:30pm. For more food resources in our community, click here.
- For more information and updates related to the COVID-19 and school closures, please click here.
- We update families with regular calls home. If you missed a call or need more school-related information, click here.
This website will provide you with the most up-to-date information about Anderson Elementary School. We are continually making changes. Bookmark this site and check-in frequently.
- We need your registration updated for the 2020-2021 School Year. Please follow this link: https://www.washoeschools.net/Page/928 to navigate the Infinite Campus Parent Portal to complete your 2020-2021 Online Registration. This is simply an update of your personal information as well as parent consent forms.
- Why is this important:
- School enrollment projections are being tied to online registration which in turn determines teacher allocations.
- We need accurate information from you and your family for next year.
- We cannot move forward with class assignment without this process first being completed.
- Thank you for your time and appreciate the assistance.
- Please take a few moments to complete the Parent Cimate Survey for our school.
- Follow this link to complete the survey: https://www.washoeschools.net/Page/6424.
Stay up-to-date on COVID-19 Information
- The WCSD Board of Trustees and District Leadership share our community's concerns about the novel coronavirus. We are collaborating with WCSD Health Services, Washoe County Health District, State of Nevada and federal health officials to determine the best course of action to protect our students and staff members and ensure the educational needs of our students.
- For more infomation and resources, click here.
You may have noticed changed that we have implemented to establish a safe campus during school hours. Many of these changes were recommendations based on safety audits and observations that we have conducted.
- Before School - 8:45-8:57am:
- Gates will open at 8:45am. Supervision begins at that time. We ask that students and families plan to arrive at that time or later as there will be no access to the campus before 8:45. Check-in at the office for all school-related business between 8:00am and 8:45am.
- We ask all adults to leave the campus at the 8:57 bell. Gates are locked and campus is secured at 9:00am
- All adults are asked to vacate the grounds through the gates. Doors will be locked limiting passage through the building in the morning.
- Students are late as of 9:00am and need to check in at the office.
- Early Release of Students During the School Day:
- We struggle with chronic absenteeism. Leaving early does count against your student’s attendance record and impacts your child’s learning. Please make every effort to make appointments after the school day or during breaks.
- We can only release students when the parent/guardian is checking out the child. We do not pull students from class in advance of parent/guardian arrival. Please plan time to check out and transition your child from the classroom in your schedule to keep you on time.
- Due to the time that it takes to communicate with classrooms and transition your child out of class early, we will not pull students from the learning environment if the request is made within the last fifteen minutes of the school day.
- After School – 3:00pm or 2:15pm on Wednesdays:
- Keeping with our single-point-of-entry model, gates will remain closed until the end of the school day – 3:00pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 2:15 on Wednesday.
- Once the bell rings, gates will open to allow adults on campus. Older siblings will be asked to wait outside the gates for younger children to exit school grounds.
These changes are in response to parent concerns about issues related to the safety of our campus and our students. Thank you for your patience with these changes.
School Hours & General Information
Please note the following hours:
- 8:45am: Morning recess supervision begins. This is 15 minutes later than previous years. Please do not send students to school before 8:45am.
- 8:57am: First bell rings.
- 9:00am: Tardy bell rings, school begins.
School days ends:
- 3:00pm on regular schedule days
- 2:15pm on early release days
Morning Entrance Gates
There are two entrance gates that will open at 8:45am in the morning. This help us provide adequate supervision of students entering school grounds in the morning. Please make sure your children do not arrive too early.
- Front, West Side Gate (Pre-K side)
- Back gate
- Join us on Social Media: We want to increase our avenues for communicating with you. Consider following our social media accounts:
- Twitter: @Anderson_Aces
- Instagram: andersonaces
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Anderson/
Keep Informed - Calls, Emails & Texts
Missed a Call?
We want to make sure you are getting the important messages we are sending out. We send a call, email and text most Monday evenings. This is a slight change from our usual habit of sending calls out on Sundays:
- If you are not receiving our messages, contact the office @ 775-689-2500 to update your information.
- If you missed a call or would like to see past messages we have sent home, click here.
Anderson Elementary School is an inclusive community filled with compassionate and dedicated families and staff focused on empowering students to achieve their highest academic and social potential.
Anderson Elementary School supports students’ and families’ individual goals through rigorous instruction and social emotional guidance to build positive relationships every day.
From the District...
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page. For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
WCSD Parent Student Handbook