As a school community, we focus on maintaining a rigorous, relevant curriculum that challenges each student to reach the height of their potential while building strong relationships among all stakeholders - students, parents, administrators, teachers, and staff.
Our school practices the 7 Habits of Happy Kids:
1. Be Proactive- I'm in charge of myself!
2. Begin with the End in Mind- I have a plan and set goals!
3. Put First Things First- I work first, then play!
4. Think Win-Win- I can solve problems so everyone can win!
5. Seek First to Understand and Then to be Understood - I can listen before I talk!
6. Synergize- Together is better!
7. Sharpen the Saw- Balance feels best!
*** Important Safety Reminders
For the safety of our school and students please follow these drop-off and pick-up procedures:
1. Stay with your car during the hours of 8:30-9:05 and 2:45-3:15. Unattended cars cause back ups is car lines.
2. Pull forward as far as possible to allow cars to enter the circle behind you.
3. Pedestrians must use crosswalks and NOT cross through the drop-off/pick-up circle. Cars in this area are backing up and pulling through. Crossing this area is not safe.
Thank you for following these safety tips and being great safety role models for our kids!
Welcome to Silver Lake Elementary!Contact Phone Numbers:School Office: 775.677.5400School Fax: 775.677.5406Address: 8719 Red Baron BlvdReno, NV 89506Follow us on Facebook: Silver Lake Elementary Reno, NV
From the District...
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page. For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
WCSD Parent Student Handbook