Our Vision and Mission
Lemmon Valley Elementary School
LVES: Learners are Valued and Empowered to Succeed
Together we will empower students to be successful by achieving their full potential as valued learners and active citizens in the community through the use of quality instruction and mindful experiences.
Escuela Primaria Lemmon Valley
LVES es un lugar en el que los estudiantes muestran una gran experiencia a través de tareas desafiantes, se sienten capacitados y se esfuerzan por alcanzar con éxito todo su potencial académico, social y emocional.
Juntos capacitaremos a los estudiantes para que tengan éxito en lograr su máximo potencial como estudiantes valiosos y ciudadanos activos en la comunidad a través del uso de instrucción de calidad y experiencias conscientes.
Good Morning Lemmon Valley Leopards,
Our 2021-22 School Year is about to begin, and we are so incredibly excited to see all our Lemmon Valley Leopards join us back in person and engage in incredible learning and growth.
I feel honored to serve as the principal of this outstanding school and the entire community. Our goal as an LVES Family is to provide a highly rigorous and engaging education for ALL our students and ensure that ALL students achieve academic success at their highest level. Thank you so much, parents/families, for being so supportive, and we welcome your partnership as we work together to provide an outstanding educational experience for all our Rock Stars!
Your unwavering commitment and love to our teachers, administrators, and staff are what make Lemmon Valley so incredible! Having this shared spirit of collaboration, enthusiasm, and supporting all our students, is what propels student achievement to even greater heights!
- It's important to note that at the July 27th Board of Trustees meeting, the Board unanimously approved following the Governor's Directive 047, which requires that all students, staff, and visitors wear face masks inside WCSD schools and buildings regardless of vaccination status.Additionally, staff will be encouraged to find innovative ways to allow for mask breaks for all students. However, as we know and learned last year, we will have to be flexible and pivot quickly based on any further guidance or recommendations. Thank you for everyone's understanding.
- At this time Washoe County School District is developing a plan for volunteers and we will keep families updated throughout this process. If you are wanting to escort your student(s) to their classroom, you must enter through the Boys and Girls Club gate. Once on campus please maintain social distancing as much as possible.
- Ensure your students are registered and enrolled for the 21-22 School year. Please complete registration and enrollment as early as possible. Enrollment requires a birth certificate, immunization records, proof of residency.
- You will be able to access your student’s classroom and teacher on Infinite Campus beginning Friday, August 6th . You will also receive a communication introduction from your new teacher by August 6th if you have completed registration and enrollment. This is for students in 1st-5th grade. Kindergarten placements occur after kinder assessments the first week of school.
- The first week of school for 1st – 5th Grade students will be August 9th. The first week of school for PreK & Kindergarten students will be August 16th.
- School hours are 9:15 AM –3:15 PM, with early release Wednesday at 2:30 PM.
- Drop-Off and Pick-Up System: We will continue with our "Kiss and Go Lane" and Boys & Girls Club parking lot for our Drop Off & Pick Up System. The school's front is no longer an entry and/or exit point for the students. The "Kiss & Go Lane is the safest and most preferred option for Drop-Off and Pick Up. Make sure to have a drop-off and pick-up plan as a family.
- Gates are opened at 8:55, the bell to line up at class will occur at 9:10. Class and instruction begin at 9:15. Students that arrive from the "Kiss and Go Lane" will enter the gate and go to D Playground (east side of campus) for 3rd -5th graders or go to A Playground (west side of campus) for K-2nd grade. The same applies to students arriving on the Boys & Girls Club side gate.
- Learning and instruction will end at 3:15 when the bell rings, and students will be excused after their classrooms are ready and teachers dismiss them. Please meet your students at the exact location of drop-off. Students being picked up at the kiss and go lane will be lined up along the fence. Once students see your vehicle, they will walk along the fence in the safest direct route to the pick-up vehicle.
- We are in the process of planning our Back-to-School Night for August 24th from 5:30-7:00 PM. Please save the date for this. All students/families will receive the LVES Student calendars/handbook the first week of school.
- Reminder Lemmon Valley is a Title 1 school, with free Breakfast and Lunch for all students. Also, all supplies and instructional materials are provided for all students.
- Lemmon Valley Elementary School is a uniform school and requires all students to wear LVES Uniform Policy approved attire. (Policy located in LVES Student calendars/handbook and LVES Website)
This 21-22 School Year is going to be a great year of learning and fun.
We look forward to seeing everyone very soon.
If you have any questions, please contact the office at (775) 677-5460
Thank you, families, for all your support and dedication to our Lemmon Valley Leopards.
LVES: Learners are Valued and Empowered to Succeed
From the District...
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
El Distrito prohíbe la intimidación, la intimidación cibernética, el acoso, el acoso sexual, la discriminación y / o las represalias en cualquiera de sus programas / actividades educativas, empleo y oportunidades de empleo. Para obtener la declaración completa del Aviso de No Discriminación del Distrito, así como los métodos para abordar preguntas e inquietudes, visite nuestra página de Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility
Para más información visite Civil Rights Compliance Department page.