These are the music objectives for 3rd grade students:
- Sing and sign pentatonic (do re mi so la) patterns.
- Sing simple ostinati (repeated patterns) and rounds (overlapping songs).
- Play classroom instruments with proper technique.
- Improvise short rhythms and melodies.
- Compose (write) short songs and instrumental pieces.
- Read quarter notes, paired eighth notes, half notes, whole notes, and quarter rests using simple syllables (ta, titi, ta-a, ta-a-a-a, rest).
- Read pentatonic patterns on the staff using solfege.
- Use simple music symbols (fermata, repeat sign, double bar line, D.C. al fine).
- Notate (hear and record) simple rhythms and melodies.
- Identify simple forms in music.
- Identify families of orchestral and band instruments.
- Evaluate performances and compositions using a common criteria.
- Match music and movement.
- Identify music from global cultures.
- Find ways music is used in daily life.
3rd graders will have their music performances in the music room durring the week of March 2-6.
Keyes: 3/4 @1:30pm
Hauf: 3/5 @1:30pm
Schillo: 3/6 @1:30pm