These are the music objectives for 1st grade students:
- Sing and sign sol mi patterns.
- Identify a singing voice versus a speaking voice.
- Play a steady beat on simple instruments.
- Compose (write) short rhythm patterns.
- Read and quarter notes, paired eighth notes, and quarter rests using simple syllables (ta, titi, rest).
- Read steps, skips, and same on the staff.
- Read sol and mi on the staff.
- Identify high and low, fast and slow, loud and quiet, and same and different sounds.
Each 1st grade class will have one performance each year. This year their performances will be during the week of March 2-6th.
Pickering: 3/3 @ 3pm
Adams: 3/5 @ 3pm
M/T: 3/6 @ 2:30pm
Solferino: 3/6 @ 3pm