These are the music objectives for 1st grade students:
- Sing and sign sol mi patterns.
- Identify a singing voice versus a speaking voice.
- Play a steady beat on simple instruments.
- Compose (write) short rhythm patterns.
- Read and quarter notes, paired eighth notes, and quarter rests using simple syllables (ta, titi, rest).
- Read steps, skips, and same on the staff.
- Read sol and mi on the staff.
- Identify high and low, fast and slow, loud and quiet, and same and different sounds.
Performances will be held in the spring of 2024.