This website will provide you with the most up-to-date information about Anderson Elementary School. We are continually making changes. Bookmark this site and check-in frequently.
Choose your student's learning model for the Second Semester
We have been fortunate to have several learning models available this school year to match the needs of our students and families during the COVID-19 pandemic: Distance Learning and In-Person Learning. We appreciate the patience and understanding from our families during these uncertain times.
During the last several months, we have seen success with our students and families becoming more comfortable with online platforms such as Microsoft Teams. Also, through the In-Person model, staff, students and families have been successful wearing masks, following physical distancing requirements, and practicing frequent hand washing.
Our school community has also learned many things during this first semester including the impact of changing models on a student’s education. Consistency is important for student learning; consistency supports routines as well as teacher -student relationships
As we prepare for the start of the second semester on Monday, January 4, we want to share the following important information with you:
- We will honor the request of our families to remain in their child’s current learning model (Distance or In-person). If you would like to keep your child on their current learning model for the second semester, please click on the link below and complete the questionnaire.
- If you would like to change the current learning model for your child for the second semester, please also click on the link below that will allow you to share with us your choice.
We are asking families to complete the questionnaire (link below) by Wednesday December 9th. This information will be sent directly to the school and will allow us to better plan for the second semester. Once our families decide on a learning model for the second semester, students will remain on that learning model for the entire second semester. Families with more than one child will need to complete an individual questionnaire for each child.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to complete the questionnaire. If you have questions or concerns, please contact 689-2500 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elija el modelo de aprendizaje de su estudiante para el segundo semestre
Hemos tenido la suerte de tener varios modelos de aprendizaje disponibles este año escolar para satisfacer las necesidades de nuestros estudiantes y familias durante la pandemia del COVID-19: aprendizaje a distancia y aprendizaje en persona. Agradecemos la paciencia y la comprensión de nuestras familias durante estos tiempos de incertidumbre.
Durante los últimos meses, hemos visto el éxito con nuestros estudiantes y familias cada vez más cómodos con el programa en línea como Microsoft Teams. Además, a través del modelo en persona, el personal, los estudiantes y las familias han tenido éxito en seguir la guía para el COVID-19, incluyendo el uso de máscaras, seguir los requisitos de distancia física y practicar el lavado de manos frecuentemente.
Nuestra comunidad escolar también ha aprendido muchas cosas durante este primer semestre, incluido el impacto de los modelos cambiantes en la educación de un estudiante. La consistencia es importante para el aprendizaje de los estudiantes; La consistencia apoya a las rutinas, así como las relaciones entre el maestro-estudiante.
Mientras nos preparamos para comenzar el segundo semestre el lunes 4 de enero, queremos compartir la siguiente información importante con usted:
- Respetaremos la solicitud de nuestras familias de permanecer en el modelo de aprendizaje actual de sus estudiantes a (Distancia o en persona). Si desean mantener a sus hijos en su modelo de aprendizaje actual para el segundo semestre, haga clic en el enlace a continuación y completen el cuestionario.
- Si desea cambiar el modelo de aprendizaje actual para su estudiante para el segundo semestre, también haga clic en el enlace a continuación que le permitirá compartir con nosotros sobre su elección.
Les pedimos a las familias que completen el cuestionario (vinculo abajo) antes del miércoles 9 de diciembre. Esta información llegará directamente a la escuela y nos permitirá planificar mejor el segundo semestre. Una vez que nuestras familias decidan un modelo de aprendizaje para el segundo semestre, los estudiantes permanecerán en ese modelo de aprendizaje durante todo el segundo semestre. Las familias con más de un estudiante deberán completar un cuestionario individual para cada estudiante.
- Haga clic aquí: Enlace a la encuesta.
- O: También puede escanear el código QR a la derecha con la cámara de su teléfono para acceder a la encuesta.
Gracias de antemano por tomarse el tiempo para completar el cuestionario. Si tiene preguntas o inquietudes, comuníquese con 689-2500 o envíenos un correo electrónico a email@example.com.
SHARE Information for 4th, 5th and 6th grade families
Through December and January, in person students in the 4th, 5th, and 6th grades will be taking part in Washoe County School District's Sexuality, Health And Responsibility Education, otherwise known as (S.H.A.R.E.) S.H.A.R.E. is a health program which provides students with a factual, comprehensive, abstinence-based instructional program delivered by specially trained teachers and counselors addressing physical/social/emotional health, including HIV/AIDS awareness, reproductive system, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI's) and sexual responsibility. The purpose of the program is to assist students in making informed choices and avoid behaviors that put them at risk.
Important Updates for a Smooth Re-Start
- Gates open @ 8:50a.
- Students enter through the front of the school. Back gate will remain closed for entry and exit.
- Sorry parents - This year you will have to wave goodbyes from he gates. No parents on campus for safety reasons.
- Students only need to bring masks and water bottles. Please do not bring backpacks or other materials - everything will be provided at the school. Upon entry, students report to their classrooms for breakfast and opening activities.
- Students in classrooms 1-5, 21-22 and 23-24 will enter through the West Gate (GATE A) and students walk directly to classrooms for breakfast. Students are to maintain social distancing (6-foot).
- Students in classrooms 6-20 will enter through the East Gate (GATE B) and students walk directly to classrooms for breakfast. Students are to maintain social distancing (6-foot).
- Gates open @ 3:00p/2:15p on Wednesday. Only students will be allowed on campus.
- Students in classrooms 1-7, 21-22 and 23-24 will exit through the West Gate and students walk directly off campus. Loitering at gates or in the front of the school is not allowed. Students are to maintain social distancing (6-foot).
- Students in classrooms 8-20 will exit through the East Gate and students walk directly off campus. Loitering at gates or in the front of the school is not allowed. Students are to maintain social distancing (6-foot).
- Gates close at 3:15p/2:30p on Wednesday.
- FACE COVERINGS
- Face coverings are required on campus at all times – for all. This includes recess. Our school plans to have face coverings for those that are unable to bring a face covering from home. However, we will be unable to guarantee the fit and comfort of these face coverings for all students. We recommended that students bring face coverings from home that they are comfortable wearing all day.
- Water fountains are to be used for filling water bottles only.
- We encourage students to bring water bottles from home. Please label them with your child's name.
- Complete your Online Registration Now!
- We need your registration updated for the 2020-2021 School Year. Please follow this link: https://www.washoeschools.net/Page/928 to navigate the Infinite Campus Parent Portal to complete your 2020-2021 Online Registration. This is simply an update of your personal information as well as parent consent forms.
- Why is this important:
- School enrollment projections are being tied to online registration which in turn determines teacher allocations.
- We need accurate information from you and your family for next year.
- We cannot move forward with class assignment without this process first being completed.
- Thank you for your time and appreciate the assistance.
- Related Links:
- Join us on Social Media: We want to increase our avenues for communicating with you. Consider following our social media accounts:
- Twitter: @Anderson_Aces
- Instagram: andersonaces
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Anderson/
Keep Informed - Calls, Emails & Texts
Missed a Call?
We want to make sure you are getting the important messages we are sending out. We send a call, email and text most Monday evenings. This is a slight change from our usual habit of sending calls out on Sundays:
- If you are not receiving our messages, contact the office @ 775-689-2500 to update your information.
- If you missed a call or would like to see past messages we have sent home, click here.
Anderson Elementary School is an inclusive community filled with compassionate and dedicated families and staff focused on empowering students to achieve their highest academic and social potential.
Anderson Elementary School supports students’ and families’ individual goals through rigorous instruction and social emotional guidance to build positive relationships every day.
There are no upcoming events to display.
From the District...
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page. For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
WCSD Parent Student Handbook