This website will provide you with the most up-to-date information about Anderson Elementary School. We are continually making changes. Bookmark this site and check-in frequently.
Important Updates for a Smooth Re-Start
- Gates open @ 8:50a.
- Students enter through the front of the school. Back gate will remain closed for entry and exit.
- Sorry parents - This year you will have to wave goodbyes from he gates. No parents on campus for safety reasons.
- Students only need to bring masks and water bottles. Please do not bring backpacks or other materials - everything will be provided at the school. Upon entry, students report to their classrooms for breakfast and opening activities.
- Students in classrooms 1-5, 21-22 and 23-24 will enter through the West Gate (GATE A) and students walk directly to classrooms for breakfast. Students are to maintain social distancing (6-foot).
- Students in classrooms 6-20 will enter through the East Gate (GATE B) and students walk directly to classrooms for breakfast. Students are to maintain social distancing (6-foot).
- Gates open @ 3:00p/2:15p on Wednesday. Only students will be allowed on campus.
- Students in classrooms 1-7, 21-22 and 23-24 will exit through the West Gate and students walk directly off campus. Loitering at gates or in the front of the school is not allowed. Students are to maintain social distancing (6-foot).
- Students in classrooms 8-20 will exit through the East Gate and students walk directly off campus. Loitering at gates or in the front of the school is not allowed. Students are to maintain social distancing (6-foot).
- Gates close at 3:15p/2:30p on Wednesday.
- FACE COVERINGS
- Face coverings are required on campus at all times – for all. This includes recess. Our school plans to have face coverings for those that are unable to bring a face covering from home. However, we will be unable to guarantee the fit and comfort of these face coverings for all students. We recommended that students bring face coverings from home that they are comfortable wearing all day.
- Water fountains are to be used for filling water bottles only.
- We encourage students to bring water bottles from home. Please label them with your child's name.
- Complete your Online Registration Now!
- We need your registration updated for the 2020-2021 School Year. Please follow this link: https://www.washoeschools.net/Page/928 to navigate the Infinite Campus Parent Portal to complete your 2020-2021 Online Registration. This is simply an update of your personal information as well as parent consent forms.
- Why is this important:
- School enrollment projections are being tied to online registration which in turn determines teacher allocations.
- We need accurate information from you and your family for next year.
- We cannot move forward with class assignment without this process first being completed.
- Thank you for your time and appreciate the assistance.
- Related Links:
- Join us on Social Media: We want to increase our avenues for communicating with you. Consider following our social media accounts:
- Twitter: @Anderson_Aces
- Instagram: andersonaces
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Anderson/
Keep Informed - Calls, Emails & Texts
Missed a Call?
We want to make sure you are getting the important messages we are sending out. We send a call, email and text most Monday evenings. This is a slight change from our usual habit of sending calls out on Sundays:
- If you are not receiving our messages, contact the office @ 775-689-2500 to update your information.
- If you missed a call or would like to see past messages we have sent home, click here.
Anderson Elementary School is an inclusive community filled with compassionate and dedicated families and staff focused on empowering students to achieve their highest academic and social potential.
Anderson Elementary School supports students’ and families’ individual goals through rigorous instruction and social emotional guidance to build positive relationships every day.
There are no upcoming events to display.
From the District...
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page. For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
WCSD Parent Student Handbook