Special Events & Announcements
Uniform Review Process
We will be reviewing our Uniform Policy this year. Please visit our Uniform webpage for more information.
Thank you! We were one of the projects selected!
Our music program will be supported with a $5,000 grant.
Welcome to Anderson Elementary School - Home of the Aces
This website will provide you with the most up-to-date information about Anderson Elementary School. We are continually making changes. Bookmark this site and check-in frequently.
Missed a Call?
We want to make sure you are getting the important messages we are sending out. We send a call, email and text most Monday evenings. THis is a slight change from our usual habit of seding calls out on Sundays):
- If you are not receiving our messages, contact the office @ 775-689-2500 to update your information.
- If you missed a call or would like to see past messages we have sent home, click here.
Campus Hours - To comply with district elementary school hours, our bell schedule will change slightly next year. Please note the following hours:
- 8:45am: Morning recess supervision begins. This is 15 minutes later than previous years. Please do not send students to school before 8:45am.
- 8:57am: First bell rings.
- 9:00am: Tardy bell rings, school begins.
School days ends: These will be the same as previous years.
- 3:00pm on regular schedule days
- 2:15pm on early release days
Morning Entrance Gates - There will be two entrance gates that will open at 8:45am in the morning. This help us provide adequate supervision of students entering school grounds in the morning.
- Front, West Side Gate (Pre-K side)
- Back gate
NV K.I.D.S. Read Information
- Are you a parent or gardian of a Kindergarten through third grade student and have questions about our NV K.I.D.S. Read intervention program? An informational flyer, video and presentation are linked on our Parent Resource Center page. If you have questions or concerns, please ask your child's teacher or contact the school.
- Uniform Vendor Change - Kate's Logos will be our school uniform provider for the coming year. We are excited to offer a new uniform logo on our shirts and introduce a logoed sweatshirt.
- Uniforms can be purchased directly through Kate's Logos. We will no longer be selling uniforms out of the main office at school. Please note: This is the same vendor that sells Swope Middle School uniforms.
- If you already have school uniforms that are in good condition and fit your student, you do not need to purchase new uniform shirts. All previously purchased uniform shirts will still comply with the school uniform policy. Please review our school uniform policy here.
- Here is a quick preview of the new logo that will appear on our uniforms moving forward:
Important WCSD Attendance Policy Changes
Give an Anderson Teacher or Staff Member Props!
"Props" are comments that give respect or credit to a person. So much happens every day that it is important to take the time to recognize those people that are doing great things for our students. If you want to send us a positive note about a teacher or staff member, this is the place to do it! Just click here or on the prop image to the right.
Your comment will be shared with the staff and that teacher or staff member will be recognized. Teachers and staff that receive props are considered for our Staff/Teacher of the Month recognition and gift card (graciously sponsored by Michael Daniel of Farmers Insurance). Thank you for your time and effort in helping us make Anderson a positive place for everyone.
Michael Daniel, Farmers Insurance Agent
Anderson Elementary School is an inclusive community filled with compassionate and dedicated families and staff focused on empowering students to achieve their highest academic and social potential.
Anderson Elementary School supports students’ and families’ individual goals through rigorous instruction and social emotional guidance to build positive relationships every day.
From the District...
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page. For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
WCSD Parent Student Handbook