Welcome to Natchez Elementary School
Natchez Mustangs: Building Successful Communities Through Positive Collaboration
Through high expectations, quality instruction, and community involvement – all Natchez Elementary School students will grow socially and academically to achieve their maximum potential.
PLEASE COMPLETE THIS SURVEY REGARDING YOUR SECOND SEMESTER DECISION: 2ND SEMESTER SURVEY
We need your help with attendance. Our distance learners have a chronic absenteeism rate around 30% which means one out of every 3 students is missing school on a regular basis. For us to all be successful we need our students online, every day. Which means we need your family support in getting those students online and in class.
Let me reitirerate a big thank you for all of your patience, assistance, dedication and hard work so far! None of us has ever experienced anything like this school year and I believe we are all doing an admirable job in making continual adjustments to improve the In Person and Distance Learning Programs. We have really embraced the concept of getting better everyday!
- EVERY Distance learner is expected to log in for morning meeting at 8:15 am everyday.
- Student attendance is taken daily and students are accountable for attending school daily.
- Students are expected to attend every session, to join on time and to participate the full time.
- Students not in attendance at the morning meeting will receive an automated call letting families know they have been marked absent for the day. Please contact the school to let us know if they are absent for the day or if there is something else going on such as technical issues, an appointment, etc.
- If the school has not heard from parents by 11 a.m. the school will make personal calls to check in and see what we can do to assist students participate in distance learning that day
- Students are expected to login to live sessions and complete assignments each day. If for some reason students miss a live meeting, please make every effort to attend the other meetings and complete assignments for the day.
Please note that we have no school for in recognition of Veteran's Day on Wednesday November 11. There is also no school on Wednesday, November 25 through Friday November 27 in celebration of the Thanksgiving Holiday.
I know that this school year requires a large commitment on behalf of our families. Again I want to thank you for your tremendous efforts and I truly appreciate how much you care about our Mustangs having a successful year. I also want to take time to recognize the entire Mustang Staff who has put their hearts into making this year work. As always, if I or any of our Mustang staff can be of assistance please reach out! All of our emails are available on the school website or give us a call at 775-351-1902
I am very excited and proud to serve you as your Principal, please contact us if we can be of any assistance to you.
From the District...
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page. For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
WCSD Parent Student Handbook
The Washoe County School District website may contain links that lead to resources, video, etc., which is located on servers that are not maintained or controlled by the District. The District is not responsible for the contents of any such referenced websites or for the availability of access to such websites.