Our mission is to enrich and maximize the education of every child at Sarah Winnemucca Elementary School. We do this by building relationships between faculty, students, and parents through fundraising and funding educational enhancements.
Latest PTO Meeting Notes:
Future Meetings for the 23-24 school year:
September 12th @ 5:30pm
October 10th @ 5:30pm
November 14th @ 5:30pm
December 12th @ 5:30pm
January 16th @ 5:30pm
February 13th @ 5:30pm
March 12th @ 5:30pm
April 9th @ 5:30pm
May 14th @ 5:30pm
Previous Meeting Notes
- Harvest Festival
- PTO will sell sweatshirts and long sleeves
- PTO will sell popcorn and water
- PTO will facilitate a “haunted maze” and touchy-feely/creepy-crawly station
- PTO will raffle off various baskets (some created by teachers) that families can win with leftover tickets.
- PTO will attempt to obtain food trucks for the evening.
- Mrs. Garol and Mrs. Pursel will be committee heads and will reach out to Bell Photo
- Upcoming Fundraisers
- Chipotle on Mae Anne on 11/7 @4-8pm
- Treasurer Report
- Through Western Nevada Supply, we need $5284 for 4 water bottle refill stations, and they will give us a 5th for free
- A different company has reached out to Seth, but without pricing
- PTO will look into online payment options (Zelle, Venmo, etc)
- SBAC Data Presentation by Mrs. Zabel
- School Leadership goal of increasing Math SBAC scores by 4-6%
- Teachers meet regularly to assess student needs.
- Schoolwide goal of increasing student engagement and connectedness
- Garden Shop Nursery is the company and they should start at the mid-end of September.