WINNEMUCCA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
2023-2024 SCHOOL PERFORMANCE PLAN
Student Success Goal
By Spring 2024, we will increase overall Math scores as outlined: • 3rd grade 4% growth in Math on SBAC 46% to 50% level 3/4 • 4th grade 5% growth in Math of SBAC 46% to 51% level 3/4 • 5th grade 6% growth in Math of SBAC 44% to 50% level 3/4.
To support students to achieve this goal, we will:
- Determine essential vocabulary for testing (math).
- Focus on Claim 1 questions.
- Practice Performance tasks.
- Identify specific math problems encountered on the test and review in class (1 a week per grade level).
- Schoolwide focus on explaining thinking in math.
- Have teachers identify ways they will embed this work in their week.
Student, Staff, and Family Partnerships Goal
As measured by the School Climate Survey and a school-created survey measure, we will increase positive response rates in the areas of engagement and connectedness.
To support students and families to achieve this goal, we will:
- Implementation of community circles in every classroom, at least once a week, and increasing student engagement.
- Belonging Posters in all classrooms and throughout the school.
- Posters for each classroom (Zones).
- The counselor provides SEL lessons bi-weekly.
- Weekly school-wide video to reinforce SEL. (created by the counselor).
- Teachers and staff use the common language of zones.
Resources for Parents and Families
Quick Tips for Parents and Families
Get involved! Contact Rachel Kelley for information about volunteering with our school.
Infinite Campus Parent Portal
See your child’s grades, assignments, attendance information, and important updates.
Stay connected! Let the front office know if your phone number, email, or home address has changed.
Family Resource Centers
Basic needs assistance, resource referrals, and help with accessing services like SNAP.
Know your child’s teachers! We are here to support your child’s learning journey.
Free and confidential help to access mental health care providers in your community.