Here you will find important information, policies, and documents for Lemmon Valley ES.
Uniform Policy (Revised 2022)
- Students are expected to be well groomed and in school uniforms, apart from “No uniform” days.
- Picture Day, Dollar Dress Down Day, and other special days will be considered “No uniform days”. Written and/or oral communication will inform parents of these days throughout the year.
- Uniform shirts with the Lemmon Valley ES logo can be purchased through Kate’s Logos.
- Royal blue polo shirts without a logo may be purchased from other local stores like, Wal-Mart.
- Navy/Khaki/Black or Blue/Black denim material uniform pants, skirts, and shorts may be purchased from other local stores like, Wal-Mart.
- Polo style shirts in Royal Blue color. Shirts with the Lemmon Valley logo can be ordered through Kate’s Logos.
- Students may wear a royal blue polo shirt without the Lemmon Valley logo on it, but it must be plain.
- Shirts should fit appropriately and not be more than one size larger than the student’s body size.
- No logos, designs or pictures on any shirt, sweater, or sweatshirt unless it is the Lemmon Valley logo.
- Undershirts or layering shirts in the winter may be worn. Only solid colored Black, Royal Blue, Gray or White will be allowed for layering. (No visible logos/designs are permitted).
- Shirts may not be tied or banded in the back to make them look shorter.
- Solid colored Royal Blue sweatshirts or sweaters may be worn inside and outside the classroom but must be free of logos or pictures/designs, unless the sweater/sweatshirt has the Lemmon Valley logo purchased through our approved vendor, Kate’s Logo’s.
- Sweaters/sweatshirts that are a different color, have logos, pictures, and designs are permitted and may be worn outside of the classroom only (not indoors).
- Navy/Khaki/Black color uniform pants and Blue/Black denim material.
- Jeans must be well fit. No stitching, or bling on jeans.
- Girls may wear leggings in khaki, blue, or black solid colors. No designs or print on leggings is permitted.
- No more than one size larger than the waist. (Belt should be worn if needed)
- No low rise, bagging, sagging, or dragging of pants.
Walking Shorts or Skirts/Skorts
- Navy/Khaki/Black or Blue/Black denim material color uniform shorts or skirts/skorts only.
- Must be fingertip length. (When hands are at your side, shorts or skirt should not be shorter than fingers.)
- No flip-flops or sandals without back straps.
- Shoes should fit appropriately.
- Hats are not to be worn in the school building. Hats are permitted on Hat Day.
- Hair accessories may be worn.
Dress Code Consequences
All students at Lemmon Valley Elementary School are expected to comply with the Uniform Policy. The following consequences will be followed.
- Student will receive a verbal reminder.
- Parents/Guardians will be called and asked to bring a uniform shirt and/or appropriate bottoms.
2nd & 3rd Offense
- Parents/Guardians will be called by the FACE Liaison to discuss the Uniform Policy and problem-solve strategies to comply with the Dress Code.
- Parents/Guardians will be asked to bring an appropriate change of clothes.
- Loss of privilege.
- Parents/Guardians will receive a phone call from the Principal/Assistant Principal to discuss policy/expectations, consequences, and next steps for support to following the Uniform Policy moving forward.
Families in need of financial assistance should contact any of the following staff members to work out a plan to ensure all students are dressed appropriately for school. If assistance for washing uniforms is needed, school and families will make a plan to support with this need at the school site.