December 8, 2017
DATES FOR THE CALENDAR:
For the most up to date school event schedule, please access the calendar on the Hunsberger website:
December 8-12 MAP Testing Window Open
December 12-PTA Meeting, 9:30 am, MPR
December 12- 4th Grade Music Program, 6:30-8:00 pm
December 14- Yogurt Beach Fundraiser, South Meadows Location
December 18- 6th Grade Band, Strings, General Music Winter Concert, 2:45-3:30 pm
December 19- 3rd Grade Music Program, 6:30-8:00 pm
December 21- End of the 2nd Grading Period
December 22-January 12- Winter Break, NO SCHOOL
January 15- Martin Luther King Day-NO SCHOOL
January 22-26 Kinder MAP Window Open
January 23-PTA Meeting, 9:30 am
A NOTE FROM MRS. LAUF:
- When the weather makes transportation to school dangerous and school needs to be delayed or cancelled, the Washoe County School District will contact you through a Connect Ed, as well as post information on their website. If there is a delayed start, Judy's Kidz Klub does not operate in the mornings.
- Our lost and found has become very full of jackets, hats, lunch boxes and clothes. On December 21st, any unclaimed items will be donated to a local charity. Please remind your child to check the lost and found, or if you are in the building take a look to see if you find your child's items.
- Please note, playground supervision begins at 9:10 each morning. Please do not drop your child off before that time, and if you need to utilitze Judy's Kidz Klub for child care services before 9:10 you can easily sign your child up.
- Please continue to honor all of our parking lot and pick-up/drop-off procedures. Please do not block lanes or cross walks, and during bus drop-off and pick-up there is no parking in the front of the school. Thank you for your help with keeping our school safe.
- Save the Date! On April 21, 2018, the PTA will be having a Platinum Bash celebrating 20 incredible years of Hunsberger Elementary School. The board is still considering a possible venue but we are already looking for volunteers for the various committees needed to help set up this event. This will be our Spring Social this year. We are also considering a project commemorating the 20th anniversary. Stay tuned!!!
- Our Teacher Appreciation Luncheon on November 15th was a huge success! I received many compliments from the teachers and staff. Thank you so much to those that volunteered!
- Skipolini's Italian made a donation of $400 to Hunsberger PTA after the fundraiser on November 16th! Thank you to all that took this opporunity to help out our school. We'll have another opportunity to hold such a fundraiser next year.
HUNSBERGER HONOR CHOIR:
Hello Choir Parents!
Thanks to all of you who attended the choir winter concert! It was a wonderful event, and I was so proud of the students! If you wish to order a DVD of the program, you may still do so. Order forms are available on the rack outside the music room door and can be turned in to Ms. Thompson's mailbox. DVD's will be ready by the end of next week. We still have choir rehearsals right up until winter break! We are getting ready for the UNR Choral Festival, and are learing new music.
UPCOMING HONOR CHOIR EVENTS
CHOIR CAROLING FIELD TRIP: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 15TH- 9:45 am-1:15 pm, dress in concert attire; choir shirt, black pants, black shoes and a Santa hat if you wish. Please bring your lunch or money for lunch. We will be eating at Meadowood in the Food Court. **Thank you to those of you who have volunteered to chaperone our field trip. (I still need lists from some students of chaperones.) Please check in at the office by 9:30 and proceed to the MPR. We will gather there, right after morning attendance and announcements, board the buses, and head out. We will return by 1:15.
UNR ELEMENTARY CHORAL FESTIVAL: WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 21ST- The choir will depart Hunsberger at 9:45, sing at 10:45, have lunch in the student union, and return to school by 1:15. Chaperones are still needed.
As always, please contact me if you have any questions or concerns regarding your child’s participation in choir, or any aspect of your child’s music education at:
(775) 851-7095, ext. 52565
Yearbooks can be purchased online using the following link: Link to Purchase Yearbook
- Prices are $20 per yearbook.
- The Yearbook Committee is holding a yearbook cover drawing contest open to all 6th graders. Entries are due Friday, January 19th, 2018.
- 6th grade dedication pages will also be on sale for the yearbook starting in January. Quarter and half pages will be available for purchase.
Order forms are in the office for Husky Attire. There will be 2 more order dates for the year, please see below. Please allow approximately 2 weeks to process and deliver your order. Orders will go home with your student.
Husky Order Dates
February 26, 2018
April 16, 2018
The next art challenge is on the way! Keep an eye out for it in December 15th's green folder. The due date for this challenge will be after Winter Break. Our last challenge was amazing, we think you'll enjoy this one also!
We are in the early stages of planning a "Fine Arts Night". No date set yet, we will let you know as soon as we know. Thank you for supporting Husky Arts!
Your Husky Art Team;
Chelcey O’Mahony, Amy Marincic and Laura Durrer (clay)
UPCOMING MISSOULA CHILDREN'S THEATRE:
Missoula Children’s Theatre will be returning to Hunsberger the week of April 16-21 to present the production of Robin Hood!
Approximately 50-60 roles are available for Hunsberger students. All students, grades Kindergarten through 6th grade, are encouraged to audition. No advance preparation is necessary. Most students rehearse approximately 4 hours and 15 minutes each day, Monday through Friday. Among the roles to be cast are Robin Hood, Maid Marion, Marion’s Maid, Prince John, the Sheriff of Nottingham, the Foresters, the Aristocrats, the Merry Bank, the Guards, the Horsemen and the Skunks! Assistant Directors can also be cast to assist with the technical aspects of the production. The Missoula Children’s Theatre touring productions are complete with costumes, scenery, props and makeup. Robin Hood is part of the Missoula Children’s Theatre’s unique international touring project.
Signups will be Friday, April 13th at 8:30 am in the Hunsberger Quad. Those auditioning should arrive Monday, April 16th at 3:45 pm and plan to stay for the full two hours. Some of the cast members may be asked to stay for a rehearsal immediately following the audition.
Robin Hood will be presented on Saturday, April 21st at 1:00 and 3:00 pm at Hunsberger.
For more information call Amy Marincic at 815-252-7624 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to the following Hunsberger Heroes who have graciously contributed to our school in the last month!
If we happened to miss a family, we will be sure to feature you in the next month’s newsletter!
Thank you for your support!
IN THIS ISSUE OF PAWPRINTS:
Activities on Campus