DATES FOR THE CALENDAR:
For the most up to date school event schedule, please access the calendar on the Hunsberger website:
January 22-Great Full Gardens Fundraiser, 4:00-9:00 pm
January 28-PTO Lip Sync Battle-POSTPONED, Date TBD
January 31-Spirit Day
February 8-Mother/Son Dance
February 17-President's Day-NO SCHOOL
February 29-Father/Daughter Dance
March 3-PTO Sponsored BINGO!
A NOTE FROM MRS. LAUF:
- Happy 2020! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!
- Online registration for the 2020-2021 school year is now open. Please go to your Infinite Campus Parent Portal to register your children. All students must be re-registered each year.
- Please note, playground supervision begins at 9:10 am each morning. Please do not drop your child off before that time, and if you need to utilize Judy's Kidz Klub for child care services before 9:10 you can easily sign your child up.
- Hunsberger will again be participating in the District's soccer league. If you are interested in sponsoring our school's jerseys please contact the office. More information on soccer and sign-ups in the next edition of PawPrints.
- Please continue to honor all of our parking lot and pick-up/drop-off procedures. Please do not block lanes, and during bus drop-off and pick-up there is no parking in the front of the school. Thank you for your help with keeping our school safe.
- The Washoe County School District has established Administrative Procedure 7330-Animals on School Grounds. The policy states, "Pets and animals are not permitted on District property. Properly certified service animals, as designated by the Americans with Disabilities Act as Amended (ADAA), are permitted on school grounds." Please refrain from bringing animals onto school property.
Please mark your calendars for these upcoming events:
January 22nd-Great Full Gardens Fundraiser. Make plans to eat at Great Full Gardens from 4:00-9:00 pm on January 22nd. They will generously donate a portion of every check. You MUST mention Hunsberger Elementary when dining in or mention to a cashier if ordering Take Out!
February 8th-Mother/Son Dance. Tickets are on sale NOW at www.hunsbergerpto.com. This event is expected to sell out so please make sure to log in to our website and purchase tickets before February 1st. Tickets will not be available at the door.
February 29th-Father/Daughter Dance. Tickets for this event go on sale January 23rd for PTO members and will go on sale to non-members the following week. This event is also expected to sell out so please make sure to purchase your tickets in advance, no tickets will be available at the door.
March 3rd-BINGO! ONE OF OUR FAVORITE FAMILY EVENTS IS COMING BACK TO HUNSBERGER! RSVP's will be taken on our website starting February 3rd.
Husky Gear-The next cut-off date for Husky Gear is on January 31st, so place your order on our website today!
The Hunsberger Kindness Crew is teaming up with the Husky Leaders in celebrating World Kindness Week during the week of February 10th-14th. Make sure to check your weekly Connect Ed for fun things going on at school during that week!
Thank you for your continued support. A great, big HUSKY HIGH FIVE to all of you who have stepped up to donate, volunteer and show up to all of our fun Husky events! Your kindness and support is always appreciated.
Your Hunsberger PTO
HUNSBERGER HONOR AND ADVANCED CHOIRS:
Second grade music performance will take place on March 10th at 6:30 pm.
Choir has resumed for the New Year! Parents: Please remember to drop your child off for choir at Parent Pick-up. Students should not be dropped off at the front door for safety reasons, as teachers are arriving for work and need to park in the staff parking lot.
Please see the attached note if your child is in the Advanced Choir and has not yet signed up for the Six Flags Music in the Parks Festival on May 2nd. Students must register ASAP.
This is an exciting month for the Art Program! Kindergarten is woking with clay, and 5th grade will be using our new set of classroom cameras as they learn about "Filling the Frame". First-fourth grade as well as 6th are working on Artist Study this month, which is a component of Art History. Some of the products created from the Artist Study Unit will become auction items at Fine Arts Night.
Fine Arts Night is scheduled for April 7th. We have big ideas for the evening, and are looking for volunteers to help with the planning, set-up, etc. Please email us at email@example.com if you are interested in helping out!!
Lastly, we are having a Paint Party next Wednesday the 22nd from 9:30-3:00. Just drop by anytime you are available. Our goal at the beginning of the year was to have a product example of every one of the lessons in the curriculum binders. So far we have met our goal, and our previous paint parties and the amazing parent volunteers who have participated, have helped up to achieve that. We have three units left to complete, which is roughly 100 product examples. if you'd like to help us out, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will pass along further details. The parties have been incredibly fun, full of great conversation and creativity. We would love to see you there!
Victoria Kasper, Morgan Fritz and Cheri Gajeski
Thank you to all the families and friends that have so generously donated to the computer lab fundraiser, have bid in the silent auction, and have been supportive of our quest for coding robots! We couldn't do any of this without you, and it is truly a blessing to see so much support and kindness in our school community! A special thank you to my Skolnick padawans and their parents for going above and beyond. Look for a special thank you in January's issue of the Husky Gazette!
Newspaper Staff: please remember that the last day to turn in drafts to Mrs. G is January 22nd, except for those that have made prior arrangements. Thank you!
Yearbooks are on sale through TreeRing. The price is $23.00. The link to order a yearbook is:
Please send any photos you might have of school events to email@example.com
Thank you to those Hunsberger Heroes who have graciously contributed to our school in the last month!
Check back next issue!
IN THIS ISSUE OF PAWPRINTS:
Activities on Campus