September 13, 2017
DATES FOR THE CALENDAR:
For the most up to date school event schedule, please access the calendar on the Hunsberger website:
September 13- Garden Clean-up, 2:45 pm
September 15- Move-A-Thon
September 19- PTA Meeting, 9:30 am
September 27-Art Tutorial, 9:30-10:30 am
October 2- October 6- Fall Break, NO SCHOOL
October 11- End of Grading Period
October 17-PTA Meeting, 6:30 pm
October 20-Conference Week Begins, Early Release at 1:20 pm
October 21-Howloween Festival, 12:00-4:00 pm.
October 23-26-Conference Week, Early Release at 1:20 pm
October 27-Nevada Day, NO SCHOOL
A NOTE FROM MRS. LAUF:
- Thank you all for supporting our annual Move-A-Thon. This event supports our P.E. program at Hunsberger, teaching our kiddos about the importance of physical activity and healthy habits.
- Fall Break will be the week of October 2nd-6th.
- Thank you to all that came out and helped with the garden. We will continue to work this fall to build and plant the native habitat garden. If you are interested in helping on the garden committee, please contact email@example.com.
It was a great beginning to the 2017-2018 school year. The August events (Ice Cream Social, Teacher Welcome Back Breakfast, Kindergarten Parents’ Welcome Breakfast, and Hunsberger Night at the Aces) were huge successes. A special shout out to the Hunsberger Honor Choir for their singing of the National Anthem. They were terrific!!!
Our membership drive is on through the end of the month of September. There is still time to join the PTA. Congratulations to our three lucky winners in the PTA Membership Drive Raffle-the Bratcher Family, the Colletto Family, and the Singh Family. Thank you for your support of the Hunsberger PTA!
Our next big event is the Howloween Festival! It is scheduled for October 21, 2017, from 12:00-4:00 pm. Committees are already forming. We hope you’ll volunteer to make the Howloween Festival an always great fall event at Hunsberger!
HUNSBERGER HONOR CHOIR:
Hello Choir Parents!
Just a few reminders and some upcoming choir dates for your calendars:
- The start time for choir this year is 8:30 am. Please try to have your student to choir between 8:20 and 8:25 so they can check in and be ready to begin right at 8:30 am.
- Please drop your student off at parent pick up; NOT in front of the school. It impedes traffic as teachers are arriving and trying to park in the staff parking lot.
- Choir shirts will be ordered next week. We will be trying on sample shirts during choir sectionals so that we can verify sizes and order the correct size.
CHOIR WINTER CONCERT: TUESDAY, DECEMBER 5TH, 6:30 PM
CHOIR CAROLING FIELD TRIP: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 15TH, 10:00 AM. We are in need of chaperones for this field trip. Please contact me if you are available to chaperone the choir on this fun excursion!
(775) 851-7095, extension 52565
Yearbook committee is looking for members who are interested in helping create the yearbook. If you are interested please email Kara Schwendener at KLSchwendener@gmail.com.
Pre-orders for this year’s yearbook will begin soon!
Order forms and sample sizes are in the office for Husky Attire. There will be 5 order dates for the year, please see below. Please allow approximately 2 weeks to process and deliver your order. Orders will go home with your student.
Husky Order Dates
August 28, 2017
October 27, 2017
December 4, 2017
February 26, 2018
April 16, 2018
Husky Arts will host another art tutorial for those that missed our first one. It will cover the program itself, how to use the clay slab roller, the Master’s Art Program with samples, and an art room tour. Don’t miss it: Wednesday, September 27th, 9:30 in the MPR.
There are classes that still need volunteers to lead/assist art lessons. We’re here to help guide you with ideas and any questions you have. Please volunteer, our students love art!
Our first Drawing Challenge will begin soon. Please keep an eye out for information in your Friday folders.
Chelcey O’Mahony, Amy Marincic and Laura Durrer (clay)
Thank you to the following Hunsberger Heroes who have graciously contributed to our school in the last month!
If we happened to miss a family, we will be sure to feature you in the next month’s newsletter!
Thank you for your support!
IN THIS ISSUE OF PAWPRINTS:
Activities on Campus