May 9, 2018
DATES FOR THE CALENDAR:
For the most up to date school event schedule, please access the calendar on the Hunsberger website:
May 10-6th Grade Panoramic Picture, 10:00 am tentatively
May 11-Moms and Muffins, 8:30-9:30 am
May 15th-Fine Arts Night, 4:30-7:00 pm
May 22-1st Grade Music Program, 6:30 pm
May 24th-PTA Meeting, 9:30 am
May 28th-Memorial Day-NO SCHOOL
May 31-6th Grade Music Concert, 2:45-3:30 pm
May 31st-Yogurt Beach Fundraiser, South Meadows Location
June 1-Dads and Doughnuts, 8:30-9:30 am
June 5th-Kindergarten Music Program, 6:30 pm
June 6th-NO EARLY RELEASE, Students Out at 3:30 pm
June 7th-Field Day
June 8th-6th Grade Promotion Ceremony, 10:00 am
June 11th-Last Day of School, Release at 1:20 pm
A NOTE FROM MRS. LAUF:
- As the weather gets warmer, please refer to the WCSD dress code on pages 23-25 of the Washoe County School District Parent/Student Handbook regarding appropriate school attire https://www.wcsdpolicy.net/pdf_files/manuals/5904_AM-Parent-Student-v3.pdf.
- Our Lost and Found is filling up again. Please remind students to check our bins for any lost items.
- Please register your child for the 2018-2019 school year online in Infinite Campus. Students that are not registered for next year will not be placed in a class.
- The Parent Input Form for the 2018-2019 school year is now available here in Paw Prints and is due to the office by May 25, 2018. Parent Input Form 2018-2019
Hello Hunsberger Families!
Please join us May 11th for the PTA sponsored "Moms and Muffins" at 8:30 am. Spend time with your little ones while enjoying coffee, juice and a breakfast treat! We look forward to seeing you there.
Dads! Mark your calendar for June 1st, when we will host "Dads and Doughnuts.
The last PTA Meeting of the year will be Thursday, May 24th at 9:30 in the teacher's lounge. Please join us!
Teacher Appreciation Week is in full swing! Erin Belosic is chairing an amazing week of surprises and treats for our wonderful teachers, sponsored by the PTA. We also installed a filtered water system in the teacher's lounge!
Fine Arts Night is on May 15th. Come out to see some amazing bird houses!
6th GRADE END OF YEAR NEWS:
- Last chance to order your 6th grade shirt. The last order will be processed on May 14th. This is a great way to show your support as well as make a donation to the school from the Class of 2018. Shirts are $13.00 each. You can drop your order form and cash or check made out to Tina Neighbors by the office.
- The 6th Grade Panoramic Picture is scheduled for May 10th at 10:00 am.
- The 6th Grade Music Concert is scheduled for May 31st at 2:45 pm.
- The Promotion Ceremony for 6th Grade Students will be held on June 8th at 10:00 am.
- ATTENTION 6TH GRADE PARENTS-Make sure to get your RSVP in for EZ Air. Please see link for form: Class of 2018 EZ Air
HUNSBERGER HONOR CHOIR:
FINAL WEEK OF CHOIR!!
- Our final choir activity will be a choir breakfast on Wednesday, May 16th. All Choir members are invited to come and have breakfast together from 8:30 – 9:10 am. This is our final activity of the 2017/2018 school year. This party has been included in your second semester choir fee.
- CHOIR REHEARSALS ARE FINISHED FOR THIS SCHOOL YEAR AND WILL RESUME IN AUGUST.
- Thank you so much for your continued support. Your children and you are the absolute best!
Fifth and sixth grade students who are attending the Music In The Parks trip to Six Flags please click the following link for important details regarding your trip. Music in the Parks
HUSKY ARTS & FINE ARTS NIGHT:
Fine Arts Night: “Not just for the birds”
Date: May 15, 2018
Time: 4:30 to 7:00 pm (keeping in mind of after school activities in certain areas at school)
This year’s auction item: Birdhouses, to be auctioned off at the Fine Arts Night event.
Birdhouses and art work:
- Birdhouses will be put out in the main hallway the week before Fine Arts Night.
- Volunteers or teachers, please pick out some pieces of art your student’s have created throughout the year, and hang them in the hallways. We will also offer the lunch tables, standing upright to hang art. These would be great for those classes in the modules, and extra space for those who need to showcase more pieces. These won’t be available though until after lunch time May 15th.
Additional elements of Fine Arts Night:
- Another school art challenge “Kids of a Feather” has been distributed with directions. Extra copies are located in the art room and in the teacher’s lounge. This challenge will be displayed at Fine Arts Night, not to mention, make a fabulous photo opportunity! We need more feathers! The kids could do these as something to do after testing, or as an art project!
- Come see your child’s displayed artwork that they’ve created throughout the year.
- A special spot will be dedicated to those students who would like to showcase their own individual pieces.
- Finally, another fun element that the Husky Arts Team is putting together is a selection of hands on art stations. Different art techniques with assistance will be a fun addition for both students and their families. Tickets for purchase will be available to participate at these art stations.
- Snacks for purchase will be available.
Lastly, we need your help to make this fun event a success! Closer to the event, a volunteer SignUpGenius page will be set up for specific volunteer spots at this event.
We’re looking forward to a fun evening of art, The Husky Arts Team!
IN THIS ISSUE OF PAWPRINTS:
Activities on Campus