WELCOME TO ELMCREST ELEMENTARY
Distance Learning materials can now be accessed on our website – at www.washoeschools.net/distancelearning.
The Elmcrest Computer Lab website can be found at - https://elmcrestescomp.weebly.com/
The new "Music with Ms. Graber" webpage is located here- https://musicwithmsgraber.weebly.com/
Dear Elmcrest Families,
Looking ahead to next week, we would like to share our district approved plan for parent pickup of student belongings. Pickup Days:
Final day for material pick up (all grades)
4th grade Furman
4th grade Labuda
When arriving during your timeframe, please follow these guidelines:
CAR PICK UP *** PREFERRED METHOD ****
- We ask that parents arrive by car, with windows and doors remaining closed throughout the process. Everyone must STAY in the CAR. Teachers and staff will wave from the front curb using all social distancing guidelines.
- Please make a sign for your right-side/PASSENGER windshield window with:
- Your STUDENT’S Last Name in BIG, bold, dark lettering + GRADE LEVEL
- If you have more than one student, please come to the time slot for your OLDEST child if possible
- List all students’ names on the paper
- Cars need to follow these directions to create a Car Line through the Elmcrest Parking lot.
- Enter the side entrance on Elmcrest Drive
- Follow the driveway around in a line
- Stop your car closest to the front door
- Exit out the driveway with a right turn only
- When you are within the first 10 cars (approximately), please have your trunk open. If your trunk does not automatically open from the inside of your car, then please use proper social distancing to step outside of your car and please be prepared to use gloves to open your trunk. Then, please return to the driver’s seat and proceed with caution.
- An Elmcrest employee will view the sign in your window, say your name and number of children to an employee within the building who will collect your child/ren’s belongings and deliver the bag/s of belongings to your trunk.
- There will be no human-to-human contact. Teachers and school staff may be present on the outside sidewalk to wave from afar.
- If you have any Elmcrest library books to return to the school, please have those ready to go, already in your trunk in a labeled bag (i.e. “Elmcrest Library Books”).
- An Elmcrest employee will put the bag/s of your child/ren’s belongings in your trunk, collect any properly marked bags of Elmcrest library books, and close your trunk.
- Once your trunk is closed, please proceed with caution, and right turn only out of the parking lot.
WALK-UP (NOT PREFERRED) Enter the gate closest to the Kindergarten playground on McDonald Drive – do NOT walk up into the parking lot
- Place library books in the appropriate box and give your students’ name to the staff member at the table
- A person behind the table will get your belongings and set them on the table.
- Please take your belongings and leave following all social distancing guidelines.
- If there is a line, it is required to follow social distancing guidelines and stay 6 ft behind the person in front of you.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Please remain patient throughout this process and we will do our best to keep the lines moving smoothly.
- If you are unable to come during your assigned time, please let your child’s teachers know and we will coordinate another time.
- If you are unable to pick up your child/ren’s belongings on these dates, we will save them in the bag/s at Elmcirest until the district has approved all schools to reopen and operate with regular hours.
- Lost and Found is closed until the building is open again.
- We will not be getting rid of any unclaimed belongings including lost and found. All items will be available once school reopens
If you have any questions or concerns with this process, please let your child’s teacher know and we will try to accommodate.
We miss you so much and hope you are all safe and healthy! 😊
Ann Marie Dickson (Principal) and Entire Elmcrest Staff
Letter from Mrs. Wilson Elmcrest's Principal for 2020-2021 School Year
Greetings Elmcrest Families,
My name is Jessica Wilson and I am excited and honored to introduce myself to you as the new Principal of Elmcrest as we look forward to the 20-21 school year together. My career in education began when I was quite young; I tutored Kindergarten students when I was in fifth grade! I knew a long time ago that I wanted to be a teacher and began my career in the San Francisco bay area 14 years ago. I moved to Sparks, NV in 2010, which is when I began with the Washoe County School District. Over the past 10 years, I have worked at O’Brien STEM Academy, Juniper Elementary, Hug HS and Smithridge STEM Academy. For the past three years I have been the Assistant Principal at Smithridge STEM Academy. As I move into this new role, my goals are to form authentic, positive relationships with the members of our school community, students, & parents, and to foster a collaborative, safe, & positive environment for learning.
I have heard so many wonderful things about the family community, students and staff at Elmcrest. Please do not hesitate to reach out and connect with me during this transition time. I have already received the warmest welcome into the Dragon family from our wonderful staff, and am eager to meet our students and families as soon as it is safe to do so.
When I am not at school, I am spending time with my family, which consists of my husband and three children; eight-year-old twins and a feisty five year old, (plus, our family pup!)
Please reach out and say hello! I look forward to a wonderful year together.
Jessica Wilson, Principal
Elmcrest Elementary SchoolElmcrest Elementary School has been selected to transition to Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) for SY19-20. As part of the CEP program, all students will have access to free breakfast and lunch meals for the entire school year. This also eliminates the requirement to fill out meal applications. Breakfast will be served in the classroom during morning announcements and lunch will be in the cafeteria as usual. Students will still be able to purchase extra a la carte items (snacks, milk, etc.) during lunch if they choose. We hope to serve all students breakfast and lunch under the CEP program.Make sure to visit the new Attendance Policy and become familiar with it: https://www.washoeschools.net/Page/8789Don't forget: We collect box tops all year round. If you have any, send them to school with your child(ren).Thank you!
1. All staff uses best instructional practices, with a focus on having an engaging classroom environment to foster academic growth. We also focus on social-emotional growth through having a growth mindset as well as our PBIS goals of being safe, respectful and responsible.
2. All members of our Elmcrest learning community, including staff, parents, families, and students, will focus on raising achievement and developing characteristics of compassion.
1. Todo el personal va usar sus mejores instructivos, con la meta de mantener una clase con el ambiente atractivo para aumentar el crecimiento académico. También enfocamos en el crecimiento emocional y social mediante teniendo crecimiento de mentalidad igualmente enfocamos en los PBIS metas de estar a salvo, respetoso, y responsable.
2. Todos los miembros de la comunidad para aprender en Elmcrest, incluido el personal, los padres, familias, y estudiantes, van a enfocar en el levantamiento de logros y en creciendo los característicos de compasión.
At Elmcrest Elementary School, we work to ensure that all learners develop the academic skills as well as a mindset to be self-confident, knowledgeable, and compassionate citizens who work toward achieving their aspirations and goals for a successful future.
En Elmcrest Elementary School, trabajamos a asegurar que todos los estudiantes desarrollen las habilidades académicas igual que tengan la mentalidad de ser seguro de sí mismo, erudito, y un ciudadano compasivo que trabaja a alcanzar su meta y a lograr sus aspiraciones para tener u futuro exitoso.
775-746-5850Fax775-746-5852WCSD Parent Line(Delayed Starts, Closures)775-334-8373Address855 McDonald Dr.Reno, NV 89503School Hours: 9am - 3pmWednesday is Early Release: 2:15 pmOffice Hours: 8am - 4pm
From the District...
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page. For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
WCSD Parent Student Handbook