Mathews Inclement Weather and Smoke Day Procedure
If we experience inclement weather or an Air Quality Index of 150+, we will have indoor recesses. The following procedure will occur.
- Administration will determine if inclement weather or smoke day procedures need to be put in place. An announcement will be made on the intercom.
- Before school arrival: Students will not be sent to the playground to play. All teachers will receive students in their classrooms starting at 9:15. Students will enter directly into the building through one of the following doors: A-Hall, B-Hall, C-Hall, D-Hall.
- Non-classroom staff members will be assigned morning duty coverage.
- Teachers will hold indoor recess in their classroom for the remaining student lunch time (10 minutes).
- Indoor recess options include: Playing games, free centers, sit and visit time, watching a G-rated movie or show.
Delayed Start Procedure
If the WCSD calls a Delayed Start the following will occur:
- A phone call and email, as well as social media, and news reports will inform staff and families.
- Staff arrive 2 hours later than normal. Contract time starting at 11:00. Duties to begin at 11:15.
- Students to arrive between 11:15-11:25, all staff will be on duty at this time. Tardy bell rings at 11:30 a.m.
- Students are not to arrive any earlier as we wont have staff to suppervise until their contract time starts.
- No breakfast will be served
Lunch Times for Delayed Starts
- Kinder & 1st: 11:35-12:05
- 2nd & 3rd: 12:05-12:35:
- 4th & 5th: 12:35-1:05