As specified in the Washoe County School District administrative regulations (5132), the dress or grooming of all students must not present potential health or safety problems or cause distractions. Kate Smith's school uniform policy aligns with the districts regulations.
Kate Smith Uniform Policy
(Can be purchased at school or through kate'slogos.com)
- Students will be required to wear a Kate Smith approved shirt which fits properly.
- Tops must cover the upper and middle torso with no skin showing between top and bottom.
- No modifications to shirts will be allowed.
- Students can wear a solid black, gray, or white long sleeved shirt under the approved Kate Smith polo.
- Students will be allowed to wear a sweatshirt with an approved Kate Smith logo.
- Non- Kate Smith sweatshirts may be worn in solid black, gray, or white and must be non-hooded.
- No logos, writing, or declaration will be allowed on non-Kate Smith sweatshirts.
- Students will be required to wear solid khaki or solid black pants that fit properly.
- No denim jeans of any kind will be allowed.
- Pants/shorts must cover lower torso with no skin showing between top and bottoms.
- No exposed undergarments.
- No sagging (ex: pants that can be pulled from waist more than 2").
- No exposed buttocks.
- No single rolled up pant leg.
- Shorts must be hemmed.
- Shorts must not be more than 4" from the center of the knee.
- No holes, rips, or tears.
- Must be consistent with pant/short policy.
- Skirts must not be more than 4" above the center of the knee.
- Skirts can be worn with solid black, gray, or white leggings and/or tights. Skirts must be appropriate length.