Kate Smith Uniform Policy
- Washoe County School District Policy
As specified in the Washoe County School District administrative regulations (5132), the dress or grooming of all students must not present potential health or safety problems or cause distractions. Kate Smith's school uniform policy aligns with the districts regulations.
- Students will be required to wear a royal blue or navy-blue polo shirt or t-shirt. Polos with the Kate Smith logo are available in the office for $10. Parents may also purchase plain royal or navy-blue shirts for their students to wear.
- Students can wear any colored shirt under their uniform shirt when the weather is cold.
- Students will be allowed to wear zip-up sweatshirts of any color over their Kate Smith polo shirt or t-shirt.
- Sweatshirts and hoodies that are not Kate Smith colors are allowed during cold weather months if they are school appropriate.
- Students are able to wear any bottoms with their uniform shirt. This includes leggings, jeans, and sweatpants as long as they meet WCSD guidelines.
- Pants/shorts must cover lower torso with no skin showing between top and bottoms.
- Pants must cover all undergarments and must stay at the students’ waist.
- Shorts and skirts should be at mid-thigh or longer for all students.
- Skirts can be worn with any colored leggings or tights.