Welcome to Risley Counselor's Corner
Dear Risley Families,
During this uncertain time, you or your child may feel stressed and anxious. Remember, most of us are feeling this way. Many children are still learning how to identify or verbalize their feelings. Emotions can present themselves in many ways. Please remember to be patient with one another and be kind. I encourage you to start a conversation with your child about how they are feeling and any fears or stressors they may be experiencing. Below are some additional resources you may find helpful.
Check-In with Mrs. Hulet and Ms. Zoey here. If you need anything or just want to share a message with us, this is the place to do it.
You may also email me Alyce.Hulet@washoeschools.net I am thinking of all of you and miss seeing you all at Risley!
Risley’s Counselor Mission:
We will collaboratively encourage, respond to, and advocate strengths and differences within our school and the community. I will support academic, career, and social emotional development through respectful relationships, classroom guidance, small groups, and individualize interventions. Using a comprehensive evidence-based program I will provide equity, access and success to foster lifelong learners.
5th grade transition to Middle School
Social Emotional Learning Resources
Social and Emotional Learning
Self - Awareness
SEL Read Alouds
Be Kind Resources
Be a Spot of Kindness
- At Home Great Kindness Challenge Checklist (English)
- At Home Great Kindness Challenge Checklist (Spanish)
- Write a shout out
Zones of Regulation
* guardians please preview all material before showing children
- Supporting Children's Emotional Well-Being during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Helping Children and Youth Cope After a Disaster
- Covid-19 Parent Resource Guide
- A kids Guide to Coronavirus
- At Home Resources for Families
- The Yucky Bug
- Indoor Games and Activities
Behavior supports for home
- WCSD tools for difficult behavior (English and Spanish)
- Agnes Risley Counselor
- Agnes Risley Safe Schools Professional