Superintendent's Family Action Committee
Families and schools authentically partner together, so all students graduate prepared for the future they choose.
Opportunity for families to work directly with the superintendent, district leadership team and staff to bring family voice to district-level decision-making.
The WCSD Family Action Committee (FAC) will provide the Superintendent, district leadership team and staff with:
- Family voice on district strategies and practices relating to family engagement;
- Input on district policies and initiatives directly impacting students and families;
- A structure for shared decision-making and accountability for the district's strategic plan goals.
Criteria/Structure for Membership:
The committee will be composed of 40 parents, guardians and/or adult family members -8 from each geographic area (4 members from elementary schools, 4 members from middle/high schools). WCSD employees are not eligible to apply. To ensure the committee reflects the diverse population of Washoe County School District, WCSD will intentionally recruit family members who represent communities who have historically had the least amount of access to the school district and their child's education including, but not limited to:
- Special Education
- Multilingual Leaners
- Free and Reduced Lunch
- Newcomer/Refugee program
- Families who are experiencing homelessness
- Racial, ethnic and demographic groups with learning and graduation gaps
Committee Membership Qualifications:
Must be a parent, adult family member or guardian of a Washoe County School District student.
Committee Member Expectations:
- Value and respect the diversity of Washoe County School District
- Work cooperatively and respectfully with committee members
- Actively participate in committee plans and tasks
- Serve on the Family Action Committee for the remainder of the 2022-2023 school year and the 2023-2024 school year
Timeline and Selection:
- Application/Nomination form is open from January 20, 2023 to February 24, 2023
- The selection committee reviews all applicants and makes recommendations to Superintendent Enfield
- Superintendent Enfield selects final candidates and the Department of Family-School Partnerships notifies all applicants by March 3, 2023
- Orientations for all new members during the week of March 6, 2023
- 2023 FAC Meetings:
- Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 6-7:30 p.m. - location to be determined
- Wednesday, May 17, 2023 - 6-7:30 p.m. - location to be determined
The application for the Superintendent's Family Action Committee has now closed. Applicants will be notified of their status the week of March 6th. Thank you.