For TMCC High School December 8, 2016: 8 am HS classes cancelled. 12.30 pm classes at Dandini as scheduled. US History at Edison will begin at 10 am.
College campus opens at 9 am.
See link to sign up emergency alerts from the college
Applications for 2017-2018 open in January 2017. Stay tuned.
Timeline for Spring Application to TMCC High School@ATC:
- September 19, 2016 – October 31, 2016: Application submission
- November 1, 2016 – Notification of conditional acceptance
- November 1, 2016 – November 17, 2016: Complete Accuplacer in English and Math, personal interview
- November 17, 2016: Notification of acceptance - Acceptance is contingent upon availability, admission to TMCC and Accuplacer placement scores (Students must score into Math 95 and English 98 to be eligible to attend TMCC High School. Students will bring Accuplacer results to TMCC HighSchool).
- November 22, 2016: Junior Technical Pathway Orientation. Junior Technical Pathway Class registration for new students.
TMCC High School is a middle college high school for mature, motivated 10th -12th grade students interested in adding value to a high school diploma by simultaneously working toward a certificate of achievement or an associate degree!
TMCC High School offers multiple options for students who are focused on their future:
- Degree-seeking students enjoy the academic focus of college classes as they work toward an associate degree.
- Career-focused students enjoy the flexibility and focus of the applied sciences college courses as they work toward a technical certificate.
General Information for Interested Students:
- Minimum GPA 2.5, but higher is recommended
- Must have good attendance and behavior
- Cannot be credit deficient
- Students take both high school and college classes
- Tuition-free college credits
- An Education Plan to work toward a technical certificate or a degree upon high school graduation
- Small class sizes and flexible scheduling
- College resources, labs, learning centers, tutors, and activities.
- Instruction from college instructors
- High school classes that offer project-based instruction with highly qualified instructors
- Interested students currently enrolled in grades 9 and 10 will find the application on our webpage in January 2017
- Mail or bring your application to TMCC High School
TMCC High School provides a rich educational experience through rigorous high school and dual-credit college courses, so our students will graduate college- and career-ready.
A community college provides an ideal environment for motivated students to complete high school in a mature setting with expectations for academic and civic growth. High expectations and support for student success, a challenging project-based curriculum, opportunities for choice in learning, and a variety of assessment strategies foster high levels of student achievement. Creative, critical and solution-oriented thinking results from a learning community that fosters high expectations for achievement, especially where the educators model and demonstrate expectations for higher-level thinking. The success of each student is positively influenced by a commitment to communication and collaboration among administration, staff, students, parents, the college and the community at large. The community college high school embraces a diverse learning community and provides a safe, accepting environment for students to pursue their academic goals.
We, as a learning community, are committed to college and career readiness for all our students.