Please remember that
the weather is constantly changing in Washoe County. WCSD staff members are continually
monitoring weather and road conditions. You can access up-to-date information
and notification of cancellations and delays via Connect Ed phone calls, texts,
and emails, the district website including links to social media and parent line at 334-8373 as well as
local media reports. For more information regarding transportation, winter weather procedures and winter bus stops, please click here.
This website will provide you with the most up-to-date information. Please bookmark this site and check-in frequently.
Here are some important updates as we start the new year:
- Students must be in uniform every day. Please review the uniform/dress code policy and help us focus on academics by ensuring your student arrives to school in uniform.
- Success starts with timeliness. Our students have accrued a total of 4,499 tardies. please have a conversation with your student about practicing the habit of timeliness and arrive to class on time and prepared to learn.
- If your student is one that has excessive tardies (10 or more in the first semester), you will receive a letter before we return in January with a specific plan of action to encourage your student to arrive to class on time.
- We are moving into the 21st century! Specific teachers/classes will begin to utilize WCSD email addresses and Office365 apps. Please review the guiding documents below. If you would like more information about WCSD email or would like your student to opt out of having a WCSD email address to communicate with teachers/staff, please click here (Spanish).
If you have any questions, please contact us. We hope you
have a happy holiday and restful break. We are excited to welcome you back on
After School Tutoring
After School Tutoring will being January 30th. After School Tutoring will be offered through an application process. Tutoring will be offered on the following schedule:
- Monday & Friday: After School Tutoring/Enrichment
Please note - Transportation will be provided (Monday and Friday Only
). For the After School Tutoring Application - Please click here