Attendance Secretary/Clerk Tasks
- Ensure the classroom monitor is checked daily and notify the Attendance AP/Appropriate Admin when teachers are not taking attendance. Please read the Classroom Monitor Report webpage for further instruction.
- Ensure calls are made on students who are absent from the first day of school and each day thereafter, documenting all calls in IC. Please read the Caller Report webpage for further instruction.
- Document all student absences correctly using the correct attendance codes in IC. AEL is only for students who are in Jan Evans or on Home Hospital. Proof must be provided.
- Notify the attendance Assistant Principal and Secretary/Registrar of any student who may need to be withdrawn for non-attendance. Check the Student Accounting Dashboard in BIG and the Consecutive Absences report in IC.
- Ensure teachers update the Instruction Related Activities Tracker (IRAT) by checking the Instruction Related Activities Monitor in IC.
- Ensure the NV Attendance Summary Report process is done throughout the school year. Starting with the third week of school, the NV Attendance Summary Reports (ASR’s) must be generated and saved into the staff Share point as a PDF file. All teachers will have access to the report and must review their ASR’s each week. Teacher will then sign the weekly Verification Log indicating the accuracy of the ASR’s. If corrections are needed, teachers will communicate by email or print the ASR and give the appropriated personnel for correction in IC. Please read the Attendance Summary Report webpage for further instruction and direction on making corrections on the ASRs.