WCSD Works with Community Agencies to Provide Meals for Students After Schools Cancelled
Contact: Victoria Campbell
WCSD Works with Community Agencies to
Provide Meals for Students After Schools Cancelled
Reno, NV (March 16, 2020) – Working in partnership with Washoe County and the Food Bank of Northern Nevada, the Washoe County School District (WCSD) Nutrition Services Department will produce meals that will be distributed by the Food Bank of Northern Nevada to the children of Washoe County during the school shutdown.
Nine school sites, along with Evelyn Mount Community Center, will serve as distribution sites for the meals beginning on Tuesday, March 17.
“We know that many of our families depend on meals provided at school to ensure their students receive regular nutrition,” said WCSD Interim Superintendent Dr. Kristen McNeill. “We are committed to the health and safety of all of our students and staff throughout the school year, and that commitment is only amplified in light of the extraordinary challenges we are facing. We are proud to work with our partners like the Food Bank of Northern Nevada, Washoe County, and the Nevada Department of Agriculture to continue providing this vital service to our students and their families.”
The nine school sites where meals will be provided are:
- Lois Allen Elementary School
- Alice Smith Elementary School
- Libby Booth Elementary School
- Rita Cannan Elementary School
- Glenn Duncan STEM Academy
- Greenbrae Elementary School
- Echo Loder Elementary School
- Stead Elementary School
- Sun Valley Elementary School
For a list of locations and times for meal distribution, please click here.
In addition, meals will be provided at the following City of Reno and Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows locations:
- Evelyn Mount Community Center 1301 Valley Road, Reno
- Donald L. Carano Youth & Teen Facility 1090 Bresson Ave. Reno
- The Club at the Donald W. Reynolds Facility 2680 E. Ninth St. Reno
- The Club at the William N. Pennington Facility 1300 Foster Drive Reno
- Joe Mitchell Community Center (Lemmon Valley) 325 Patrician Way Reno
- Neil Road Youth Site 3905 Neil Road Reno
Continuing to work with community partners, the Washoe County School District will continue to expand meal services as necessary going forward.