How do I get surplus assets removed?

How do I get surplus computer items removed from my inventory and picked up from my site?
A Relocation Request(WHS-F001) must be completed and submitted to the Warehouse. Follow the instructions provided on the form. To complete the form you will need the tag number, make, model, serial number and if the equipment is operational or not. Once the form is completely filled out email to Warehouse and Julie Butler. Your request for pick up is then added to the Warehouse pick-up list. Items are picked up as the Warehouse schedule permits.

Materials Distribution Center Relocation Request

Computer items are currently being stored at the Edison warehouse until they are recycled. Use the above procedure for any and all computer items including; scanners, printers, monitors and CPU's. NO computer items can be thrown away. They are considered hazardous and must be disposed of or recycled using correct procedures.

How do I get non-computer surplus items removed from my inventory and my site?

All requests for equipment pick up can be made to Property Control via phone or e-mail (preferred method). Property Control will only handle district equipment and donated computers. We do not take care of disposal of basic office supplies or books. Items in good useable condition will be placed back into other schools or departments for further use. Many broken items can be thrown away, but please check with Property Control before disposing of any district equipment.
If Property Control approves the disposal of any item at your site please be sure to remove the tag from the equipment and send it to Property Control. 
DO NOT throw away any hazardous items. These include refrigerators, any computer items, TV's, and copiers. Equipment Repair is often able to part out old copiers, so please contact them when you have one that needs to be removed.

Can I just drop off my surplus items at any time?
No. Property Control and Surplus are not located in the same building. A relocation request form must be filled out and submitted to the warehouse. The warehouse will then schedule an appointment to remove the surplus assets from your site.

How can I get surplus items for my site?
Surplus furniture and equipment can now be ordered just like general supplies on the Business Plus system.  Enter your order just as you would a general supply order, except in the warehouse field enter SURP for Surplus Property Warehouse.  Use same account number as for general supplies (YOUR ACCOUNT WILL NOT BE CHARGED).  When you enter the product number, the quantity available will appear to the right of the description.  If you would like to check availability before you create your order, just go straight to the items screen and enter product number in the product ID field (DO NOT CREATE ORDER NUMBER OR ENTER ANYTHING INTO ANY OTHER FIELD).  The system will show you the description and quantity available.  If quantity available is zero, just exit out and check back later.  If product is available, just fill in the remaining fields as you would on any supply order; submit the order and the warehouse will deliver products.  The Surplus Property Catalog is also on the Purchasing webpage under Product Catalogs.