Applications and Other Resources
WASHOE COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT VOLUNTEERING NEEDSIf you are interested in any of the opportunities at the links above, please contact Volunteer Services by email, or please call 775-348-0346.
Providing safe, productive community volunteers, volunteer programs, free-people resources, and other resources for the academic support of all of Washoe County School District in a cooperative, efficient and friendly manner.
The WCSD Volunteer Services Department is responsible for coordinating the efforts of 16,000 volunteers, including the recruitment, screening, placement & retention/recognition, training, assessment for schools, programs & departments, program development, data collection, and record storage for all volunteers and volunteer groups. While coordinated at the district level, volunteering is mostly school based. If you are interested in volunteering through Volunteer Services in one of our tutoring programs, contact us at 775-348-0346.
How to Apply
If you would like to begin volunteering with the WCSD, there are a few minor steps to complete. Your screening will include an ID check by either Volunteer Services or the staff from the school you are wanting to volunteer at. You will also have to fill out a Volunteer application that applies to you.
Thank you for your interest in helping our students and the WCSD!
School Faculty/Volunteer Resources
- Adult School Volunteer Application (AF 1537)-This form is for all volunteers over 18 years old (parents, grandparents, community and others).
- Solicitud de Voluntario de la Escuela de Adultos (AF1537-Sp, Adult School Volunteer Application Spanish) - este formulario es para todos los voluntarios mayores de 18 años (padres, abuelos, u otros).
- Under 18 School Volunteer Application - This form is for volunteers under the age of 18. Parental permission is required before form will be accepted. No background check is required.
Student Travel - Student Activities Webpage (contains all travel related forms, including Request to Transport Students)
- El Estudiante el Viaje Exencion de Responsabilidad
- Volunteer Exit Survey
- Volunteer Frequently Asked Questions
Request for Volunteer Help
- Volunteer Service Request Form
- Volunteer Opportunities List
- Defining “Volunteer” and “Other People” Resources
“The WCSD reserves the right to disallow any individual from serving as a volunteer.”