Parent Update 11/18/20
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE PAST WEEK
- 13 Leadership students attended the Virtual Leadership Conference with more than 275 other High School students from around the State. They have a lot of great ideas in store for students.
- 30 more student-athletes completed ImPACT Testing last week.
- Hat days earned $126 and will be donated to the Suicide Prevention Network in Gardnerville
- COVID cases are on the rise! PLEASE see the flow chart below and Screen your students BEFORE they leave for school.
WHAT’S COMING SOON?
THIS FRIDAY, 11/20/2020
-Make Up Picture Day
-Last Day to drop a class without a “Failing” grade
Testing will take place Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday this week after school.
Distance learning will NOT be expected on SNOW DAYS! There will be no in person classes OR Virtual attendance expectations for Snow Days. Please call the INCLINE SNOW PHONE at 775-337-7509 each morning to check the status of our schools. Incline MAY call a snow day when the rest of the District remains in school. The Incline Snow Phone is the most accurate and up-to date source for Incline Specific School Closures or delays.
Leadership is hosting Twin Days on Monday and Tuesday (11/23 & 11/24). Dress like your favorite person or people!
AP exam fees can be paid in the front office and are due by January 29th, 2020. AP content area exams are $86. AP Seminar and AP Research exams are $134. Students who qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch receive a $33 reduction for each exam.
Our delayed athletic season will start with conditioning in December!! Potential to change based on COVID restrictions at the state and district level.
- Please register your athlete at registermyathlete.com by end of November.
(This will take approximately 10 minutes and you will need proof of birth and residency).
- All Athletes MUST sign up to take the ImPACT (Cognitive Brain Function) Test before they can participate. Sign up in the front office with Mrs. Leslie and pay $5.00 fee to Mrs. Barbara.
- ALL Physicals must be turned in before students may practice. Physicals are good for 2 years.
VOLUNTEERS/PROCTORS NEEDED ASAP
With the upcoming Cold/Flu season compounding the already difficult COVID Pandemic, Incline High School is in desperate need of Volunteers to proctor classrooms while quarantined teachers teach remotely. There is a Volunteer Process and Fingerprinting is necessary. Please reach out to Mrs. Valerie at VJackson@washoeschools.net for more information.
- 11/25 – 11/27 (Thanksgiving Break)
- 12/21- 12/28 (Winter Break)
- 1/2- Beginning of Winter Sports Season
- 1/22- End of 1st Semester
- 2/20- Beginning of Fall Sports Season
The next General Boosters Meeting is TONIGHT 5:30pm on Google Hangout. Please check the Booster webpage or use this link to join: meet.google.com/xhz-breu-wzz
- The University of Arizona will be presenting tomorrow, 11/19/2020, at 2:30 (Sign in with Naviance)
- FAFSA (Free Application Federal Student Aid) Forms are available NOW. https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
Cases are on the rise in Washoe County and nation-wide. Several WCSD Schools are currently closed. Please be vigilant with your student’s pre-screening to help keep our schools open.
- Check out the Truckee Meadows Risk Meter here: https://tmrpa.org/covid-wc/
- Please Pre-Screen your student(s) using the pre-screen tool here: https://www.washoeschools.net/site/handlers/filedownload.ashx?moduleinstanceid=36853&dataid=45314&FileName=WCSD%20Self-Screen%20for%20COVID19%2009-22-2020.pdf