Important update from Interim Superintendent Dr. Kristen McNeill. Distance learning to continue for the remainder of the school year (4/21/2020)
Este es un importante mensaje a nombre de la superintendente interina Kristen McNeill para nuestras familias y personal.
This is Kristen McNeill, interim Superintendent for the Washoe County School District with information about the second phase of the Distance Learning plan. Materials are now available on our website
- Covid-19 Resource Use Guide
- CDC Protect yourself and others
- Wash Your Hands
- Removing Gloves
- Face Coverings CDC
- Cleaning And Disinfecting Your Facility CDC
- Clorox wipe instructions
- Mask Understanding the Difference Infographic
- Washoe County Library System Introduces New Instant Digital Library Card
- 2019-2020 ESEA Assessments Waiver.
- AT&T Keep Americans Connected Handout
- Declaration of Emergency
- 3.20 SCHOOL DIRECTIVE
- COVID-19 Family Resources_English
- Declaration of Emergency Directive re Schools.3-15-20
- SafeVoice Interim Guidance COVID-19.
- NDE COVID-19 and Students with Disabilities
- Nevada Health Response: COVID-19
- CDC Guidance for school closures
- Nevada Department of Education FAQ 3/18/2020
- Letter to District and School Leaders Jhone M. Ebert Nevada Superintendent of Public Instruction 3/18/2020
- Nevada Department of Education (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions for Districts & Schools
- Washoe County Health District website
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Department of Health and Human Services
- School Nurse and Administrator Resources for 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health Information
- Get Your Household Ready for Pandemic Flu
- Tips on Keeping Your Family Healthy
- Advice for Schools from the Centers for Disease Control
- Handwashing video for families
- Coronavirus: What WCSD Families Need to Know
- Coronavirus: lo que las familias del WCSD necesitan saber
- Washoe County Health District FAQs
- Enfermedad del Coronavirus (COVID-19) información del CDC
- Talking to Kids About Coronavirus
- Cómo hablar con los niños sobre el coronavirus
- Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus
- State of Nevada’s Response to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Taking care of your mental health in the face of uncertainty
- View the list of Food Bank of Northern Nevada Kids Café Spring Break Meal Service locations and times.
The Washoe County School District Board of Trustees and District Leadership share our community’s concerns about the novel coronavirus. We are collaborating with WCSD Student Health Services, Washoe County Health District, State of Nevada, and federal health officials to determine the best course of action to protect our students and staff members and ensure the best course of action to protect our students and staff members and ensure the educational needs of our students are met.
Culture and Community
As our community responds to COVID-19, please remember that transmission of the coronavirus is not based on a person's race or country of origin. If you overhear hurtful or misinformed comments, please speak up. We are in this together, so please be kind to one another.
Handouts & Posters from the CDC
Stop the spread of germs poster
Help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, like Coronavirus Disease 2019 by avoiding close contact with people who are sick; covering a cough and sneeze; avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth; and washing your hands with soap and water.
CDC Protect and Prepares Communities
Learn how CDC is aggressively responding to the global outbreak of COVID-19 and preparing for the potential of community spread in the U.S.