Welcome to Pine STEM LAB
The STEM Lab course is a semester long elective class provided to 6th, 7th and 8th grade students at Pine Middle School. The Pine Middle School STEM SmartLab is a state-of-the-art learning environment designed to empower self-directed learners with the tools, resources, simulation, and freedom necessary to foster the development of their creativity, critical thinking, problem-solving, and teamwork skills.
STEM Lab Learning Priorities – 21st Century Competencies:
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Knowledge Construction (Problem Solving and Creativity
- Real World Problem Solving and Innovation
- Use of Technology for Learning
- Self-Regulation (Project Planning and Time Management)
- Skilled Communication and Documentation of Learning
Course Curriculum: Students will select and engage in one of the following learning experiences approximately every two weeks throughout course.
- Alternative and Renewable Energy
- Computer Graphics Digital
- Mechanics and Structures
- Robotics and Control
- Technologies Scientific Data and
- Analysis Software Engineering