The purpose of the WCSD Leadership Development Program is to build the capacity of school-based and central office leaders through a system of high quality professional learning and mentoring experiences that continually improves their competence and effectiveness as executives leading schools in the 21st century.
WCSD Academy Meeting Dates
Formerly known as Lead, Teach, Learn (LTL)
8/5/22 10/14/22 12/9/22 2/10/23 5/19/23
Applications for the 22-23 WASL cohort are due on Friday, September 9th . Notification of acceptance will be the week of September 19th. For a copy of the 22-23 application, please click here.Dates for WASL
- Thursday, October 20, 2022
- Thursday, Dec. 1, 2022
- Thursday, January 26, 2023
- Thursday, March 2, 2023
- Thursday, April 13, 2023
- Thursday, May 11, 2023
All WASL sessions will be held from 8:00 - 4:00 at TMCC. Specific details and locations will be shared with cohort members.NOTE: Due to limited substitute availability, we are unable to accept applicants who require a substitute to attend. Nevada Leads members will need to apply and be accepted in order to participate.McRel Balanced Leadership 2.0The McRel Balanced Leadership Series focuses on high-leverage leadership strategies and solutions to lead schools in this dynamic time of change. McRel International is recognized as a leader in educational research and development. The series of courses will assist you in learning about leadership as it relates to building relationships, managing change, and focusing on what matters most.
All four McREL courses are now live in MyPGS. Here are the links for participants to register:
- Leadership for Better School Performance – PowerSchool (truenorthlogic.com)
- Focusing on What Matters Most for Student Learning – PowerSchool (truenorthlogic.com)
- Inspiring and Leading Change – PowerSchool (truenorthlogic.com)
- Cultivating a Purposeful School Community – PowerSchool (truenorthlogic.com)
If you haven't taken McRel in the past 2 years, all of the content has been redesigned and modernized. It is recommended you take the series in order starting with Leadership for Better School Performance.
If you have any questions about the McRel Balanced Leadership series please contact our Leadership Development Coordinator, Amy Wright.
Leadership Pathway Project (LPP)
- This project is designed to develop and strengthen building leaders to ultimately support student success. In response to the surging educator shortage, the LPP will allow the District to provide training, mentorship, and experiential learning opportunities to build the capacity of educators as current and future school administrators to ensure student success as instructional leaders. The LPP is a partnership between the Office of Human Resources and the Office of School Leadership ensuring the preparation of leaders skilled in situational, organizational, and systems leadership in support of academics, operations, and personnel.
Key components of the LPP include:
- Development of a comprehensive leadership profile for successful Administrators to be used in hiring and ongoing performance development.
- Creation of additional positions (Deans) that will allow for experiential learning and practical application of LPP content.
- Redesign and expansion of the Washoe Academy of School Leaders program to include position-specific “Academies” (i.e., Dean Academy, Assistant Principal Academy, Principal Academy).
- Implementation of professional learning requirements for current Administrators to ensure continued leadership and mentorship capacity building.
- Mentorship for novice and experienced school administrators.
Office of School Leadership in partnership with Human Resources will collaborate on the LPP.
For applications for the 22-23 LPP Committee - click here.
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
El Distrito prohíbe la intimidación, la intimidación cibernética, el acoso, el acoso sexual, la discriminación y / o las represalias en cualquiera de sus programas / actividades educativas, empleo y oportunidades de empleo. Para obtener la declaración completa del Aviso de No Discriminación del Distrito, así como los métodos para abordar preguntas e inquietudes, visite nuestra página de Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility
Para más información visite Civil Rights Compliance Department page.