Professional Learning Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in professional learning opportunities! The courses listed below are designed to help you recertify, earn credits toward endorsements, and enhance your instructional and leadership skills.
UNR - University of Nevada, Reno
UNR is pleased to offer a newly approved ARL Program for Special Education! Tuition assistance is available for interested students.
Capella University is now offering employees of the Washoe County School District over 20 free, self-paced, professional development courses that allow working professionals to earn clock hours and/or graduate credit. Additionally, WCSD employees are eligible for a 10% tuition discount, plus either a $4,000 new student scholarship in Capella’s GuidedPath learning format or 50% off the first session in Capella’s FlexPath learning format. Visit Capella University's website for more information and to learn about Capella's education degrees and programs.
Grand Canyon University
WCSD has a special arrangement with GCU that provides the opportunity for eligible participants to earn a degree, certificate, or take a single course with exclusive benefits.
- 10% off tuition scholarship on most degree or single courses
- Attend classes 100% online
- In-state tuition no matter where you call home
- Ongoing support from a local counselor, plus free online tutoring, technical support and more
Popular programs offered 100% online:
- Initial Teacher Licensure M.Ed: Early Childhood & Early Childhood Special Ed, Elementary, Secondary, Special Education*
- Advanced Teacher Masters M.A: Autism, Reading, History, C&I, TESOL, Communications
- Educational Administration & Educational Leadership
- School Counseling
- Certificate of completion for TESOL/ESL (ELAD in NV)
- Digital Literacy and 21st Century Learning
- Instructional Technology
*Bachelor options available for all teacher licensure programs
Not seeking a degree? GCU offers inexpensive Continuing Teacher Education (CTE) classes for those who need to recertify, clear provisions, or add endorsements.
GCU is also an approved Alternative Route to Licensure (ARL) provider in Nevada for: Early Childhood, Elementary, Secondary, Special Education
Sierra Nevada College
WGU - Western Governors University
University of Phoenix, College of Education
WCSD alliance with UOPX that provides the opportunity to earn a degree, certificate, or take a single course with 10% tuition discount by adding employer name when enrolling.
- 10% off tuition on ALL degree or single courses
- Attend classes 100% online, asynchronous format
- Programs and individual courses start monthly, no semester waiting!
Initial Teacher Certification programs, 100% online:
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood, Bachelor of Science in Elementary,
- Master of Arts in Secondary Education, Master of Arts in Elementary Education, Master of Arts in Special Education
Advanced Teacher programs, 100% online:
- MAEd/Curriculum and Instruction (up to 12 possible credit waivers)
- MAEd/Administration and Supervision
- EdD. Education Leadership
Continuing Education for Teachers, 100% online:
- Parent Engagement : Approved course EDUC/545 (3 credits/ 4 weeks online)
- Gifted and Talented Endorsement: Approved courses: GFT/500, GFT/501, GFT/503, GFT/505 (3 credits/ 4 weeks online)
- View Full Schedule
Questions, contact: Nicole Berkebile, firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text message: 480-290-4328
Receive 10% off tuition cost
Now Enrolling for Master’s in Education programs in Leadership
MAEd/Curriculum and Instruction
Starts on August 10th 2021
MAEd/Administration and Supervision (Principal Licensure)
Starts on August 3rd 2021