Professional Learning Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in professional learning opportunities! The courses listed below are designed to help you recertify, earn credits toward endorsements, and enhance your instructional and leadership skills.
UNR - University of Nevada, Reno
UNR is pleased to offer a newly approved ARL Program for Special Education! Tuition assistance is available for interested students.
Capella University is now offering employees of the Washoe County School District over 20 free, self-paced, professional development courses that allow working professionals to earn clock hours and/or graduate credit. Additionally, WCSD employees are eligible for a 10% tuition discount, plus either a $4,000 new student scholarship in Capella’s GuidedPath learning format or 50% off the first session in Capella’s FlexPath learning format. Visit Capella University's website for more information and to learn about Capella's education degrees and programs.
Grand Canyon University
WCSD has a special arrangement with GCU that provides the opportunity for eligible participants to earn a degree, certificate, or take a single course with exclusive benefits.
- 10% off tuition scholarship on most degree or single courses
- Attend classes 100% online
- In-state tuition no matter where you call home
- Ongoing support from a local counselor, plus free online tutoring, technical support and more
Popular programs offered 100% online:
- Initial Teacher Licensure M.Ed: Early Childhood & Early Childhood Special Ed, Elementary, Secondary, Special Education*
- Advanced Teacher Masters M.A: Autism, Reading, History, C&I, TESOL, Communications
- Educational Administration & Educational Leadership
- School Counseling
- Certificate of completion for TESOL/ESL (ELAD in NV)
- Digital Literacy and 21st Century Learning
- Instructional Technology
*Bachelor options available for all teacher licensure programs
Not seeking a degree? GCU offers inexpensive Continuing Teacher Education (CTE) classes for those who need to recertify, clear provisions, or add endorsements.
GCU is also an approved Alternative Route to Licensure (ARL) provider in Nevada for: Early Childhood, Elementary, Secondary, Special Education
Sierra Nevada College
WGU - Western Governors University
University of Phoenix, College of Education
The Alliance for Virtual Learning: A new collective of leading K-12 experts dedicated to helping schools navigate distance learning and achieve student success.
The Alliance is providing a series of FREE, online interactive events this summer that are designed to help teachers and administrators adapt to the new virtual learning landscape. These sessions will be led by a team of K-12 education experts who will deliver comprehensive insights with the goal of helping attendees create a blueprint for the future of K-12.
- New Course Schedule!
- Family Engagement Class
- Working from home ideas
- Educator Insights
- Updated course schedule
- K-12 Educational Technology
- Gifted & Talented
- Master in Arts in Education
- Employee Family and Parents
- GT Endorsement Reimbursement Application Packet
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction
Save time and money
Teachers with academic endorsements or who have completed specific University of Phoenix® Continuing Education for Teachers courses, such as Curriculum Development and Technology in the Classroom, can save time and money by applying to waive up to 12 credits. This special waiver allows you to finish your MAEd/CI program in about 1 year, saving you more than $6,000 on tuition and fees.
Email Nicole Berkebile or call/text (480) 290-4328 for more information and to take advantage of your Tuition Discount.
Continuing Education Courses