Welcome to the WCSD Parent University
MissionParent University offers learning sessions to help families build upon skills, knowledge and support systems to advocate for student success.Program Functions:
- Parent University offers FREE learning sessions to every caring adult in Washoe County School District.
- Each year close to 300 learning sessions are offered to families in school and community locations.
- Childcare and interpretation in Spanish are offered at every learning session. Interpretation in other languages can be provided upon request
- Parent University also hosts 2 Family Access Days each year in partnership with Truckee Meadows Community College and the University of Nevada, Reno. These full-day conferences for families are held on the campus of the University of Nevada, Reno and focus on the path to careers and college for families of students pre-k through high school.
- Teachers! Parent-Teacher Conference Week is around the corner! Check out our resources by clicking here.
- Family Access Day for Elementary Families is around the corner. Click here for more details. To register, download the registration form here or click here to register online or call us at 775-789-4685.
- Parent University is now accepting applications to schedule learning sessions at your school site for the 2017-2018 school year . For Elementary School please Click Here to download the application. For Middle/High School please Click Here to download the application.
- For more information on the Nevada K.I.D.S. Read law, click here.
WCSD Parent University is generously sponsored by the Washoe K-12 Education Foundation.Kids don't come with a manual, so we're here to help!Parent Universityhas a QR code to linkyou to our website!
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.