Proudly Supporting Music Education in Incline Village Public Schools Since 1991
Can you believe it’s already June?! During these last few days of school be sure to enjoy the events and concerts at all three schools. Don’t miss the IES Summer Kickoff Event this Tuesday, the year-end concert and Tri-M Music Honor Society induction this Wednesday at IHS, and the final IMS Concert this Thursday! Be sure to check out the schedule below for all of the upcoming concerts & events!
This summer many incredible concerts by world-class musicians and community organizations will be happening in our area – see “Music in Our Community” below for a complete guide to all of this summer’s concerts and musical events.
Students!!! Be sure to check out the summer camps and programs listed below. Some of these camps are free of charge to students and should not be missed! For student opportunities with Classical Tahoe please contact our CYMBAL President & Classical Tahoe Ambassador, Denise Menzies for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy these final days of student concerts and events, and have an incredible & musical summer!
Musical Happenings at IES
June 4, 5, 6th Grade 5 Performances, 10:15am in IES Multi-Purpose Room.
June 4th After-School String Class performs from 5pm-7pm in IES MPR.
June 5th Summer Kickoff at IES, with 5pm IHS Jazz Band Performance
June 12th Kindergarten Celebration Performance 9:30am in IES MPR.
June 13th Farewell Assembly 9:20am in IES MPR.
Musical Happenings at IMS
June 7th Spring Concert 7pm at IMS, with refreshments served at 6:30pm.
Be prepared for the music department’s “mad minute” fundraising dash!
Musical Happenings at IHS
June 5th IHS Jazz Band at IES Kickoff Fundraiser 5pm-6:30pm
June 6th IHS Year-End Concert & Tri-M Honor Society Induction 6:30pm Refreshments, 7pm
June 9th Tri-M Music Honor Society BBQ at Sunshine Deli, 12-2pm
June 13th Concert Band plays for IHS Graduation, 4pm
UPCOMING MUSIC CLASS OFFERINGS FOR 2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR:
Jazz Band, String Class, AP Music Theory, Guitar Class & Mariachi Club
- Successful “Music in the Parks” IMS Band trip, with strings placing 2ndoverall, and band placing 2nd in its division!
- Incline High School Jazz Band placed 6 out of 17 bands at the Reno Jazz Festival!
- CYMBAL sponsored a field trip for IES students to see the Reno Philharmonic at the Pioneer Center in Reno on April 10th. Fun was had by all!
- IHS Jazz Band & Combo played at Rotary’s “Best Ball for a Cause.”
Golf event benefitting charities including “We the People,” CYMBAL & Tahoe Safe Alliance
- WCSD has received the NAMM Foundation’s “2018 Best Communities for Music
Education” award. Congratulations to all of our music teachers for this accomplishment! NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants) advances active participation in music making across the lifespan by supporting scientific research, philanthropic giving, and public service programs.
- Our Incline Elementary School teacher Rita Whitaker-Haun received the very first Educator Excellence Award from the Rotary Club of Incline-Tahoe! Congratulations!
Music in Our Community
- NEW!! Young Musicians Classes & Programs at Classical Tahoe:https://classicaltahoe.org/young-musicians/
- Classical Tahoe in Incline Village: https://classicaltahoe.org
- TOCCATA Tahoe Orchestra & Chorus: http://www.toccatatahoe.com
- Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival: http://laketahoeshakespeare.com
- Reno Jazz Orchestra: http://renojazzorchestra.org
- Reno Artown: https://renoisartown.com
- Pioneer Center: http://pioneercenter.com
- At BAC in Carson City: http://breweryarts.org
Cymbal has partnered with Classical Tahoe and the Firefly Foundation to create programs including a Student Usher Program (with backstage access and meet and greets with artists) and Individual and Group Master classes with visiting musicians. More information can be found on the Classical Tahoe Website. classicaltahoe.org
- TOCCATA Tahoe Symphony Orchestra & Chorus summer classical and pops concerts are free to all students 18 and under! For concert info see website: http://www.toccatatahoe.com
- Incline’s very own music school, Village Music, offers classes for toddlers through adults on all instruments, voice, children’s choir, group rock band classes and Toddler Tuesdays! Drop-ins welcome on Toddler Tuesday & all students are invited to join the North Tahoe Children’s Choir! Call 775-298-2550 for more info. NEW total immersion ensemble training! More info at:https://www.inclinevillagemusic.com
- “Classical Strings Program” at the Tahoe Truckee School of Music with teachers Ben Martin, Shauna Righellis, and Lucas Arizu and under the direction of Dr. Carlos Machado. Private lessons for children and also adults are offered for violin, Viola and Cello. Scholarships are available! For more information about the string program and to find out about their other programs visit: https://www.tahoemusic.net/classicalstringsprogram/
Summer Band Camps 2018!
Reno Pops Orchestra Music Camp – June 19-30
Silver Lake Band Camp July 22-28, 2018
Lake Tahoe Music Camp – July 1-7, 2018
(June 30-July 6 2019 & July 5-11, 2020)
Reno Artown Music Camp July 11 & 29
Moody’s Jazz Camp – July 9-13
Donner Mine Music Camp:
High School – July 9-14 & Junior HS – July 16-21:
Silver Lake Music Camp – July 22-28
- To add your community music notice to our newsletter, please send your submission to email@example.com.
More ways to help Music Boosters:
Like our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/cymbalincline
Visit the CYMBAL Website: http://cymbalincline.org/
Subscribe to the CYMBAL YouTube Channel: