New Teacher Incentive
Teacher Eligibility and Criteria
For the 2018-19 school year a newly hired teacher is eligible to earn a salary incentive if s/he satisfies the following criteria:
- 2018-19 New Hires (cannot have been employed as a contracted teacher at any time in the 2017-18 school year.); AND
- Work as a classroom teacher at a designated school for the 2018-19 school year or as a Special Education teacher; AND
- Work as a full-time (1.0) status.
To be eligible for the second half of the incentive to be paid in June 2019:
- Received the 1st incentive that was paid January 2019; AND
- Remain as a classroom teacher at current school or remain as a Special Education teacher for the 2018-19 school year; AND
- Remain full-time (1.0) status; AND
- Have a Highly Effective or Effective April 2019 evaluation.
Up to $5,000.
Amount will be determined by award received by the Nevada Department of Education.
This incentive is not PERS eligible.
First half paid in January 2019
Second half paid in June 2019
For questions, please call Human Resources at 775-348-0321.
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.