Envision WCSD 2020
As a courageous, innovative leader in education, Washoe County School District (WCSD) will be one of the nation’s top performing school districts, graduating all students college- and highly-skilled career ready.
To create an education system where all students achieve academic success, develop personal and civic responsibility, and achieve college and career-readiness for the 21st century.
- All students can learn and be successful.
- The achievement gap can be eliminated by ensuring every student is challenged to learn at or above grade level.
- Effective teachers and principals, dedicated support staff, rigorous curriculum, culturally responsive practices, measurable outcomes, timely interventions, ongoing monitoring and assessment, collaboration, professional development, and a culture of continuous improvement ensures classroom success for all students.
- We will achieve superior performance through clear goals that set high expectations and standards for all students and employees.
- Student academic success and character building requires family, student, school, and community engagement.
- Leadership and passion, together with accountability and transparency, are keys to reform and success.
- A strong education system ensures the well-being of a community.
To ensure annual student academic growth through a system of curriculum, instruction, and assessment that is aligned, rigorous, and relevant. Instruction will be designed to meet the needs of every child in our diverse student population. More...
To develop and retain highly effective personnel who are driven to support students and their academic success as well as the success of the District. WCSD will accomplish this goal through recruitment, selection, professional development, and accountability. More...
To engage family and community members in strong partnerships and provide meaningful opportunities to increase their educational expertise and trust, and to share responsibility for student success. More...
To establish a system that is effective, efficient, transparent, and accountable by using meaningful structures and processes. More...
To ensure our schools are safe, secure, supportive, and welcoming environments where students and staff are able to succeed academically and professionally at the highest possible levels. More...
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.