Talent Acquisition and Professional Growth Systems
Mission StatementThe mission of the Talent Acquisition Department is to ensure that all Washoe County School District students graduate college and/or highly skilled career ready by providing exceptional levels of customer service, assistance, and support to our employees (our most important resource), prospective applicants, and community, and by building a talent pipeline from alternative resources, recruiting the best and the brightest to be our diverse and high-performing workforce. The mission statement of Professional Growth Systems is to build a comprehensive system of support that aligns professional learning and available resources to indicators of need, enhancing educator, leader, and staff effectiveness resulting in a high-quality workforceMajor FunctionsTalent Acquisition strategy focused on:
- Recruiting, hiring and retaining high quality employees dedicated to our students
- Meeting the District's current hiring needs with flexibility to meet our future needs and responsiveness to internal and external changes that may occur
- Rooted in a philosophy of continuous improvement
Professional Growth System's functions:
- Launch human capital management system for teachers, school-based administrators, Pro-techs, central office personnel, and Educational Support Professionals
- Go live with Nevada Educator’s Performance Framework (NEPF) for school-based administrators
- Development of professional learning management system (PLMS) for teachers (professional development) next year, then for all other groups in the following years.
Click HERE to view the Professional Growth Systems Organization Chart
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.