Talent Acquisition and Professional Growth Systems
Mission StatementThe mission of the Talent Acquisition Department is to ensure that all Washoe County School District students graduate college and/or highly skilled career ready by providing exceptional levels of customer service, assistance, and support to our employees (our most important resource), prospective applicants, and community, and by building a talent pipeline from alternative resources, recruiting the best and the brightest to be our diverse and high-performing workforce. The mission statement of Professional Growth Systems is to build a comprehensive system of support that aligns professional learning and available resources to indicators of need, enhancing educator, leader, and staff effectiveness resulting in a high-quality workforceMajor FunctionsTalent Acquisition strategy focused on:
- Recruiting, hiring and retaining high quality employees dedicated to our students
- Meeting the District's current hiring needs with flexibility to meet our future needs and responsiveness to internal and external changes that may occur
- Rooted in a philosophy of continuous improvement
Professional Growth System's functions:
- Launch human capital management system for teachers, school-based administrators, Pro-techs, central office personnel, and Educational Support Professionals
- Go live with Nevada Educator’s Performance Framework (NEPF) for school-based administrators
- Development of professional learning management system (PLMS) for teachers (professional development) next year, then for all other groups in the following years.
Click HERE To view the Talent Acquisition & Professional Growth Systems Organization Chart
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.