A: A Wellness Ambassador is an employee who is a resource for their working location about the Employee & Retiree Wellness Program. Duties may include: helping to advertise for upcoming events, having basic knowledge to answer co-workers questions about the program, participating in Wellness events, and/or inviting co-workers to be more involved in Wellness events and programs.
Q: What are the duties / expectations of a Wellness Ambassador?
1) Attend quarterly Wellness Ambassador meetings
2) Give a short presentation to the employees at your work site, if required. Wellness will provide you with a short PowerPoint and flyers or you may request the Wellness Coordinator to come to your site and speak about the program.
3) Participate, assist and/or represent Wellness at events and programs
4) Distribute or post flyers for Wellness events and programs
5) Invite co-workers by e-mail or word of mouth to Wellness events and programs
6) Answer questions from co-workers regarding Wellness
7) Help new employees learn about and get involved with Wellness
8) Optional: create a program specifically for your work site such as a walking club or a stress less challenge
Q: How do I become a Wellness Ambassador?
A: Complete the application above.
Q: How long is a Wellness Ambassador term?
A: The new Wellness Ambassadors will be appointed from August 2018 - June 2019.
More than one person may be allowed to be a Wellness Ambassador dependent on their location size and the necessary duties required. Wellness Ambassadors at the same location may share and/or divide duties, if desired.