WCSD presents an opportunity to engage in a series of events related to supporting your students by participating, exploring, planning for next steps as they imagine and learn about college possibilities. Join us during College Awareness Week by participating in virtual events related to college access and attend Western Association for College Admission Counseling (WACAC) Annual College Fair. Check out the calendar of events for more information.
Calendar of Events:
- 10/20 – 5:30pm – 7:45pm - Breakout sessions offered for families and students. See sessions below.
- 10/21 – 5:30pm – 8:15pm - Annual WACAC College Fair: Students meet with different colleges.
- 10/22 – 5:30pm – 7:45pm - Breakout sessions offered for families and students. See sessions below.
Resources and other opportunities
Click on the video below to access the video playlist of the recordings from the Tuesday 10/20 and Thursday, 10/22 Family Workshops.
Click below to access the recording from the WACAC College fair
Click below to access the PowerPoint Slides from workshops
- Dreamer's Guide
- First in the Family to Attend College
- Making College Affordable with Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Planning on Going to College? Tips for Middle School Parents on How to Get There
- Nevada Promise Scholarship: Your Debt-Free Degree
- The National Hispanic College Fairs are offering virtual fairs this fall that are free, click here for more information.
- Tribal Colleges and Universities, click here for more information.
- Click here for information about the No Opportunity Wasted (NOW) College Prep Program.
- Click here to download the College and Beyond guide. This guide is a resource for students and parents, to use when planning for college or other postsecondary options.
- DACA Students click here to access a Financial Aid Information Sheet
- Join the State Treasurer's Office to learn more about the Governor Guinn Millennium Scholarship - Free virtual event click here for more information.
- TMCC Viewbook (Spanish)
- TMCC Viewbook (English)
- TMCC Steps to Enroll
- TMCC Financial Aid Information
- Nevada Promise Scholarship
- Jump Start Dual Credit Booklet
- Summer Bridge 2021 Information
- TMCC Information Nights
- TMCC Dual Credit Webinars
- Click here for a TMCC virtual tour
- Dreamer's Guide
Session Titles and Descriptions
Are you aware of the College Application Process?
Have you ever wondered what early college preparations your student should focus on in order to complete a stellar college application. Attend this workshop and learn application tips, resources, and supports.
Dreamer’s Guide to College
Learn about the different supportive services available to all students including students who are undocumented, students with DACA and students in mixed-status families.
First in the Family to Attend College
Being the FIRST one in your family to attend college is a proud accomplishment, but it can be daunting. Get advice from first-generation college students on the steps to take to attend a two-year or four-year college.
Jump Start Dual Credit Session- Earn college credit now!
Ready to earn college credit and high school credit at the same time? Join TMCC and WNC for an informative presentation on dual credit options. Get ahead on college credits, allow room for more high school electives and possibly graduate early.
Native American Students & Tribal Colleges
This session will provide information on unique tribal institutions that combine personal attention with cultural relevance, in such a way as to encourage American Indians to overcome the barriers in higher education. Students receive a higher education in a learning environment where Native cultures, traditions, and experiences are woven into the DNA of these remarkable institutions—providing a space for students to thrive intellectually and socially.
Nevada Promise Scholarship: Your Debt-Free Degree
The Nevada Promise Scholarship makes college accessible to all Nevada students by providing up to three years of almost free tuition at TMCC! Families are invited to join this important session to learn about the steps students need to complete during their senior year of high school to earn the Nevada Promise Scholarship. The October 31 scholarship deadline is quickly approaching, so don't miss out!
No Opportunity Wasted (NOW) College Prep Program
NOW helps students navigate the college application process through workshops such as college application, financial aid, scholarships, tips/strategies for taking the SAT/ACT, etc. The program culminates with an HBCU tour.
Nevada Live: Virtual Campus Tour
Just because you’re not on campus, doesn’t mean you can’t see it all! Come take a live virtual tour and let our friendly and knowledgeable student tour guides show you around our beautiful campus, from your favorite comfy chair! A University admissions counselor will host this session and take any questions. Upon registration for the tour, you will receive a confirmation email with the link to the Zoom meeting.