4th Grade students will be working toward the following music objectives:
- Sing and sign pentatonic (do re mi so la do') patterns.
- Sing partner songs.
- Play in a small ensemble, maintaining a steady beat.
- Improvise rhythmic and melodic questions and answers.
- Create introductions, interludes, and codas.
- Read quarter notes, paired eighth notes, triplets, half notes, dotted half notes, whole notes, quarter rests, half rests, and whole rests using names.
- Read pentatonic patterns including high do on the staff using solfege and letters.
- Use music symbols including D.S. al fine.
- Notate (hear and record) simple melodic patterns on the staff.
- Identify global folk instruments.
- Evaluate own or others' performances.
- Match music with visual images.
- Perform music related to Nevada history.
- Relate music to physics and the science of sound.
Song of the Week: Hi Low, Chicka Low