Welcome to Greenbrae's Counselor's Corner
Dear parents and students,
Welcome to the 20-21 school year! We are so happy we are getting to see you agian! We understand that you may be nervous about returning to school, that is okay - you are not alone. Many families and students feel nervous or scared to return, while others feel excited. Parents, I encourage you to start a conversation with your students about how they are feeling and any stressors or fears they are experiencing as we return to school either here with us in person or from a distance. Feelings and stressors present themselves differently in each individual. Below you will find some resources that you might find helpful during these uncertain times. whether you are here with us in person or doing distance education we are here for you.
Distance learning students and parents you can check in with me here if there is anything you need or just to send me a fun message. Looking forward to hearing from you!
We are looking forward to a great 20-21 school year with our turtles!
You can always reach me by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (775) 353-5530.
Check out my virtual office where you will find all kinds of fun and relaxing things to do.
Everyone remember the 3 W's
1) wear your mask 2) wash your hands 3) watch your distance
Social Emotional Learning Resources
WCSD Social and Emotional Learning
- Inside out: Guess the feelings
- 30 Things we can do for our Emotional Health (English and Spanish)
SEL Read Alouds
- Wilma Jean, The Worry Machine by Julia Cook
- I'm a Booger, Treat Me With Respect by Julia Cook
- Personal Space Camp by Julia Cook
- My Way or the Highway by Julia Cook
- The Great Compromise by Julia Cook
- Bubblegum Brain by Julia Cook
- Soda Pop Head by Julia Cook
- For all of Julia Cook's read alouds, click here
- We Dont Eat Our Classmates by Ryan Higgins
- The Recess Queen by Alexis O'Neill
Zones of Regulation
- All About the Zones of Regulation
- Four Zones Check in Cards
- Zones Check In
- Need a Break?
- Create a ZOR Check-In for Home Handout
- ZOR Toolbox
- Harmony at Home
- Quick Connection Cards - 3rd - 6th Grade
- Quick Connection Cards - Pre-Kindergarten - 2nd Grade