SchoolCity Login Directions
Watch this Video
SchoolCity is an online assessment site that is used by WCSD. Ms. Karl has created assessments based on the curriculum for each orchestra course. These assessments cover identification and defining of notes, terms, and concepts taught in orchestra. Ms. Karl uses student scores on these assessments to guide teaching and help with planning. Results will be entered as a grade into Infinite Campus following the procedure outlined below. Students will take the assessments in SchoolCity a minimum of 3 times in the school year:
- This will be taken at the beginning of the school year (usually in August).
- The student will receive a grade of 100% entered into Infinite Campus upon completion of the PRE-test regardless of the actual score attained.
- Students should expect that they will NOT know most, if not all, of the material on the PRE-test. This on purposes to provide a baseline of student knowledge.
- Students should make their best guess.
- Remember, the grade entered into Infinite Campus will be based on completing the test, not on the actual score recieved.
- For example, let's say the assessment is worth 25 points and a student completes all 25 questions but gets them all wrong. That doesn't matter. The grade entered into Infinite Campus will be 100% because the student completed the assessment.
- This will be taken at the midpoint of the year (usually in December)
- Since the MID-term assesses ALL content for the school year, students will receive a modified grade in Infinite Campus based on their actual score and the amount of material covered in class to date.
- For example, if pages 1-25 have been covered in Intermediate Orchestra by the time the MID-term is taken, the grade entered in Infinite Campus will exclude any incorrect responses from pages 26-48. Correct responses will still be included in the Infinite Campus grade allowing students to earn extra credit.
- Another example, let's say a test is worth 48 points but only 25 points are based on the material covered during class (p.1-25). That means the score entered into Infinite Campus will be based on 25 points and not the total 48 points. So if a student gives the correct answer to all the questions from p.1-25 AND answers 5 questions correctly from p.26-48 (content that has not yet been covered in class), the score entered into Infinite Campus will be 30 points out of a total of 25 (30/25) or 120%. This means the student will have earned extra credit.
- This will be taken at the end of the year (usually at the end of May and/or beginning of June)
- The student's score entered in Infinite Campus will be based on the entire assessment unless, as with the MID-term, some portion of the material has not been covered in class.
- For example, let's say a test is worth 48 points and all points are based on material covered in class (p.1-48). That means the score enterd into Infinite Campus will be based on the total 48 points. So if a student gives the correct answer for 42 questions, the score entered into Infinite Campus will be 42 points out of a total of 48 (42/48) or 87.5%.
To allow students to take the assessments in more than one sitting they are divided into the following parts:
- 6th Grade Beginning Orchestra Assessment
- Part 1: Instrument Parts
- Part 2: Note Reading & Orchestra Terms
- Intermediate Orchestra Sound Innovations Book 1 Assessment
- Part 1: Sound Innovations Book 1 p.1-10
- Part 2: Sound Innovations Book 1 p. 11-20
- Part 3: Sound Innovations Book 1 p. 21-48
- Advanced Orchestra Sound Innovations Book 2 Assessment
- Part 1: Sound Innovations Book 2 p.1-10
- Part 2: Sound Innovations Book 2 p. 11-20
- Part 3: Sound Innovations Book 2 p. 21-48
DIRECTIONS to access SchoolCity assessments (If you didn't watch the long video above, watch this short one)
- Read through ALL these directions before following them.
- Go to https://www.washoeschools.net/Page/5408.
- Click on “Student Login”.
- Use your computer username and password.
- Click on “Take Assessment.”
- Begin the assessment.
- When finished with the test, make sure to click save and/or submit. If you skip this part, then Ms. Karl will not receive your test.
- Now go back to #2 and begin your assessment.