Debbie Smith Career and Technical Education Academy High School
Debbie Smith Career and Technical Education Academy High School will be built on the campus of the current Procter Hug High School.
Construction will begin on Debbie Smith CTE Academy High School after the the current Procter Hug High School closes and moves to its new campus in the fall of 2022. The new CTE school is slated to open in the fall of 2023.
- Location: 2880 Sutro Street, Reno 89512
- Architect: Van Woert Bigotti
- Contractor: Q&D Construction
- Capacity: TBD
- Cost: $120 - $125 million, subject to board approval.
- Namesake: Debbie Smith was a Nevada State Senator who represented parts of Reno, Sparks, Sun Valley, and unincorporated Washoe County. She previously served in the state assembly, was a member of the Lander County School Board, and a past president of the Nevada State PTA. She sponsored many pieces of legislation to improve public education, including the bill that led to the creation of the 2016 ballot question WC-1 which gave WCSD the capital funding for the Wildcreek Project. This is the first WCSD high school named after a woman.