John Bohach Elementary School
John Bohach Elementary School opened its doors to students in August 2020.
The new school is located in Spanish Springs, next to Sky Ranch Middle School. It is built for 745 students and will help relieve overcrowding in the Spanish Springs area.
- Location: 1100 Windmill Farms Parkway, Sparks, NV 89434
- Architect: H+K Architects
- Contractor: Q+D Construction
- Capacity: 745 students
- Cost: $42.2 million approved by the Board of Trustees
- Namesake: Reno Police Officer John C. Bohach proudly served our community for 13 years. Much of his career was spent as a detective in the Juvenile Crimes Division where he worked tirelessly to protect children. As one of the few bilingual officers at the time, he helped bridge the language gap and served as a liaison to the Spanish-speaking community. Officer Bohach lost his life in the line of duty on August 22, 2001.