Monthly Lessons and Activities
How are lessons taught?
Lessons and activities are taught through school wide programming, classroom lessons, group and individual counseling.
When are lessons taught?
- One day per week, during Enrichment period, your child will have a specific lesson on a variety of topics listed below
- Lunchtime activities are scheduled once per month.
- Grade level specific lessons are taught through a core class throughout the year (S.H.A.R.E., Careers, Transitioning to High school, etc.)
What types of lessons are taught through Enrichment?
- Social-Emotional Learning – Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, Relationship Skills & Responsible Decision Making
- WCSD Civil Rights & Me Curriculum
- Digital Citizenship lessons align with the respective topics for the month (see WCSD/Digital Learning website for more information )
- Internet Safety
- Security & Privacy
- Identity & Self-Image
- Digital Footprint & Online Reputation
- Digital Drama & Cyberbullying
- Information Literacy
- Creative Credit
- Growth Mindset, Friendship Skills, Conflict management, Coping strategies/Stress-management, Managing Emotions, Goal Setting, etc.
*Please check the specific month for continuous updates.