Please read wellness screening information thoroughly.
2021/2022 Wellness Screening Information
Screenings are FREE for WCSD employees, retirees and spouses with WCSD health insurance. Your screening will include blood pressure, height, weight, BMI, body fat percentage, lipid panel and blood glucose measurements. Fingerstick and venipuncture methods are available. Participant's results will load onto personal Virgin Pulse accounts one to two weeks after screening appointments are completed.
WCSD Wellness Screenings are available between August 1 and November 15, 2021.
IMPORTANT! Please fast for 10 hours before your appointment (water and black coffee are fine). Please be well-hydrated and take medications as directed by your physician. Please bring your WCSD health insurance card to provide proof of eligibilty.
Wellness Screening Options:
Appointments are required for all wellness screening options.
1. Attend a Saturday screening event at Specialty Health - 330 E. Liberty St., Suite 200 | Reno, NV 89501
- August 28, 2021 - 6:00 to 11:00 am
- September 11, 2021 - 6:00 to 11:00 am
- September 25, 2021 - 6:00 to 11:00 am
- October 16, 2021 - 6:00 to 11:00 am
- October 23, 2021 - 6:00 to 11:00 am
2. Book an appointment at Specialty Health - 330 E. Liberty St., Suite 200 | Reno, NV 89501 during thier available hours of 6:00 to 10:00 am, Monday through Friday
3. Book an appointment at a local LabCorp location. *Please note: fingerstick method is not available at this option. Body fat percentage measurement is not available for this option.
***ALL screening appointments use the link above to make an appointment.***
Additional Optional Labs:
Additional, optional labs are available for those who would like additional tests completed. *Participants pay for additional optional lab tests prior to their screening appointment. Optional labs are payable by card, check, or cash. Unable to accept Medicare part B beneficiaries. To schedule optional lab tests, please choose YES to the advanced labs question when completing the "Book an Appintment" form. Specialty Health will contact participants for payment prior to appointment date.
Available Optional Lab Tests and Pricing*:
- PSA: (Prostate Specific Antigen) for men over 50 years of age or for those at high-risk for cancer. - $32.00
- CBC (Complete Blood Count): Provides information about the blood (red & white cell counts) that may indicate conditions such as anemia, leukemia, and infection as well as problems with bloodclotting. - $15.00
- TSH: Thyroid Stimulating Hormone to evaluate thyroid function. - $25
- Free T4: Initial thyroid test to evaluate thyroid function. - $20
- Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy: To identify Vitamin D deficiency. - $40.00
- Glycohemoglobin: (Hemoglobin A1C) to assess blood sugar in the control of diabetes. - $25
- CMP: (Complete Metabolic Panel) includes sodium, potassium, chloride (electrolytes), BUN & Creatinine (kidney function), SGOT & SGPT (liver function). – $15
- NMR w/ IR: Provides a direct measure of an individual’s LDL (“bad” cholesterol) particle number and can proved more information than a standard lipid panel test. - $40
- LP (a): - An additional test to screen for the risk of heart disease. - $40
Specialty Health Contact Information
Location: 330 E. Liberty St., Suite 200 | Reno, NV 89501