Migrating Google Drive to OneDrive
It is not as difficult as you might think to migrate your Google Drive to OneDrive. Watch this short video to see the essential steps listed below it.
- In Google Chrome, type https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout - make sure that you are logged in with your WCSD Google Domain account.
- Scroll down to select the data you want to copy. There are many options. If you only have things in your Google Drive, then turn everything else to "off" and leave the Google Drive to "on". Click Next.
- Under Delivery Method, select Send download link via email then click Create Archive. DO NOT select Add to OneDrive. (It does not connect properly.)
- Change Archive Size to 4GB, select Create Archive. This process may take anywhere from a few minutes to a day. If you have a LOT of files in your Google Drive, you can raise the amount of GB. Also realize that the larger your archive, the longer it could possibly take to convert...even more than 24 hours. Be patient during the process.
- Select Manage Archives.
- Download the Archive file after it has been downloaded. Copy the Takeout Folder to your Desktop.
- Open your OneDrive and create a new folder for your Google data.
- Upload your Takeout folder to the new Google folder in OneDrive.
If you need more detailed assistance, download the longer version of the directions HERE.