The E&D Team has a QR Code to link you to our website!
Equity and Diversity hosted its 4th Annual Multicultural Senior Recognition Night on May 18th, 2015 at UNR!
Trustee Taylor & Frenkel congratulate one of our graduates!
Equity and Diversity will promote, develop and support equitable practices and policies for a safe and inclusive school community system; additionally, we will provide assurance of access, representation and meaningful participation for all.
Equity and Diversity will focus on the transformation of our district to systemically address sustainable equitable access and support for all students and their families; a collective pursuit of cultural proficiency.
WHY EQUITY & DIVERSITY IN WCSD?
The recent national focus on standardized testing has illuminated the achievement gap between students from diverse backgrounds and the average student. Specifically, students of color are performing at lower levels than the average student. WCSD is no different. Thus, it's the district's goal to close the achievement gap among diverse populations of students, especially those of color.
One tool our department uses is The Equity Lens
For any policy, program, practice, or decision, consider:
1. What racial/ethnic groups are affected/impacted?
2. Does the program ignore or worsen existing disparities?
3. How have stakeholders been involved?
4. What are the barriers to more equitable outcomes?
5. How can negative impacts/barriers be mitigated?
Who Equitably Benefits:
Linton, C. (2011). Equity 101: The Equity Framework. Thousand Oaks, CA. Corwin.
- from our curriculum decisions?
- from our teacher hiring and assignments?
- from our gifted, honors, and AP programs?
- from our special education and RTI programs?
- from our extracurricular activities?
- from our budget decisions?
- from our from our accountability measures?
- from our learning goals/objectives?