Please contact your school counselor if you are unable to find a necessary resource
Crisis Call Center
900 N Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89557 (775) 784-8090;
- 1-800-992-5757 (24 hour crisis line)
- 1-800-273-8255 Or Text- #839863 and the message word “Listen”
- Statewide resource directory; sexual assault and suicide prevention; rape crisis center; after-hours child and elder abuse reporting; survivors support groups; grief counseling referrals.
- Nevada 2-1-1 is Nevada's most comprehensive, free
connection to critical health and human services. Information about local community services is available in a single statewide location that can be
accessed via voice, text, and online.
Washoe County Department of Social Services/Child Protective Services
350 S. Center St., Reno, NV 89502
- Reporting Office: (775) 785-8600; Reports/Investigations of child abuse or neglect.
MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
Behavioral Health Services (BHS) - Inpatient
1080 N.Minnesota Street, Carson City, NV 89703; inpatient: (775) 445-7350
- Assessments and referrals. Adults only (18+). Inpatient /outpatient services, mental health and substance abuse. Outpatient unit works with adolescents and children also. Medicaid, Medicare, most insurances.
Behavioral Health Services (BHS)
775 Fleischmann Street, 2nd floor, Carson City, NV 89703; outpatient: (775) 445-7756
- Offers outpatient mental health and substance abuse services to adults, adolescents, and children. No psychiatric help.
3740 Lakeside Drive 1090 South Rock Blvd, Reno, NV 89502 (775)856-6200
- Since 1985, The Children's Cabinet's mission has been to keep children safe and families together by providing services and resources that address unmet needs through a unique and effective cooperative effort between the private sector and public agencies in Nevada.
Center for Hope of the Sierras
3740 Lakeside Drive Suit 201 Reno NV, 89509; (775) 828-4949
- Provides treatment related to eating disorders. Offers in-patient residential treatment (female ages 16 and older); partial hospitalization (male and female ages 14 and older); and intensive outpatient (male and female ages 14 and older). Accepts most major insurance. Offers sliding fee scale on a case by case basis.
Community Triage Center – Reno (WestCare) 24 hr. facility
315 Record Street, suite 103, Reno, NV 89502; (775) 348-8811 -
- Adult Males and Females 18 and older; Safe, medically supervised detoxification services; Triage services for persons with mental illness. Temporarily houses “wandering” adults. Sliding fee scale.
1535 Medical Parkway (775) 750-7005
- Non-profit. Parent and sibling grief support group for families who have lost a child (of any age). Reno Group: Second Monday of each month from 7pm-830 pm; St. John’s Presbyterian Church of Reno MusicRoom, 1070 West Plumb Lane Carson Group: Last Tuesday of each month from 7:00pm-8:30pm at the Carson Tahoe Cancer Resource Center, Contact Delores at (775) 883-4415 for more information
Downing Counseling Clinic
UNR Education Bldg. Room 3007; (775) 682-5516, Mon-Thurs 10-7, Fri 10-5
- Individual counseling, couples counseling, family counseling, play therapy, consultation, referrals, sliding fee scale for services; adults; children ages three and up; no Medicaid or Medicare.
Family Behavioral Health
2105 Capurro Wy #260, Sparks, NV 89431 (775) 378-2775, Fax (775) 622-3979
- Services include Assessments, Therapy, Basic Skills Training and Psychosocial Rehabilitation (PSR), Peer Support, and Crisis Intervention Services. Services are outpatient and provided in the recipients natural environment (home, kinship care, foster care), and in the community (school, after school program etc.)Medicaid Fee-For-Service (FFS) Only- At no cost to the family.
Family Counseling Service of N. Nevada
575 E. Plumb Ln #100, Reno, NV 89502; (775) 329-0623
- Marriage, family counseling, substance abuse, sexual abuse, Medicare, Medicaid, insurance, sliding fee scale
Mojave Mental Health
Moana Professional Center, 745 West Moana Lane, Reno, NV 89509 (775) 334-3033
- Psychiatric med clinic for children and adults, outpatient services for children and adults, targeted case management for children and adults, day treatment for adults, free payee service for adults.
- Services are provided for individuals with fee-for-service Nevada Medicaid or Medicare. Eligibility for each service is determined through a comprehensive clinical assessment.
Renown Behavioral Health Intensive Outpatient Program
850 Mill St. Suite 301, Reno, NV 89502; (775) 982-5318
15 McCabe Drive Suite 200, Reno, NV 89502; (775)982-2856.
Child and Family Services:
15 McCabe Drive Suite 200, Reno, NV 89502; (775) 982-2862,
- Outpatient, partial hospitalization, adults, adolescents, chemical dependency/ psychiatric services, medication management, psychological testing, Medicare, Medicaid, insurance, free assessments, medication management, individual or family therapy, issue-specific group counseling.
West Hills Hospital
1240 E. 9th St., Reno, NV 89512; (775) 323-0478 Toll Free: (800) 242-0478.
- Assessment and referrals, acute inpatient care for children, acute inpatient psychiatric care for adults, adult chemical dependency program, intensive outpatient program, Medicaid to age 20, Medicare, insurance; free assessments.
**Call 911 in case of emergency**
455 E 2nd Street, Reno, NV
- Sub Station --Non-emergency Dispatch: (775) 334-2677 (Cops)
- Main Station; (775) 334-2175
- Neil Road Substation: 3905 Neil Road, Reno NV; (775) 334-2550
- Citi Center Substation: 333 N Center Street, Reno, NV; (775) 689-2960
Sparks Police Department
1701 E. Prater Way, Sparks, NV 89434
- Non-emergency dispatch (775) 353-2231,
Washoe County Sheriff’s Office
911 Parr Blvd., Reno, NV 89512
- (775) 328-3001 (Office)
- (775) 785-4629 Non-emergency dispatch