Facilities Management is committed to the timely repair,
maintenance and cleanliness of Washoe County School District facilities while
sustaining regulatory mandates that assist the WCSD in providing a safe,
healthy and comfortable learning environment that supports student achievement.
In addition, Facilities Management provides the services essential for the
planning, design, construction, restoration, and revitalization of all Washoe
County School District facilities in alignment with “Envision WCSD 2015” in
order to ensure that all students are provided a safe, healthy and comfortable
learning environment conducive to academic performance improvements delivered
in a safe, non-intrusive, transparent, effective, well communicated and
efficient manner. AB 46: School Capital Needs Initiative.
On Nov. 12, 2013 the WCSD's school capital needs initiative was defeated when the Washoe Board of Commissioners decided not to move forward with the proposal. Without this stable funding source for critical capital needs, WCSD will be re-considering projects that had already been approved by the Board of Trustees. We will continue to work with our community to find a way to sufficiently fund school facilities going forward.
- Provide capital planning (short
and long range), design, construction management and accountability of new
construction, revitalization and replacement projects for all planned, new and
existing school facilities which is essential to provide adequate up-to-date student
- Capital Renewal - considering the age of many of our schools, we spend much of our time and resources fixing what is already in schools and classrooms, bringing them up to standards.
- Revitalization - complete refurbishment of learning environments. This includes making our older buildings as safe and secure as possible.
- Technology and Infrastructure Upgrades - transitioning our classrooms into up-to-date locales of learning, offering students and teachers the best technology possible given current funding.
- New School Construction - when necessary, capital Projects plans for and creates new learning environments for our students in order to accommodate growth in Washoe county.
- Provide short and long
term student enrollment forecasting for new facility identification and
- Development and
management of the District’s long range capital needs assessment.
- Carpentry, Electrical, Equipment Repair, HVAC,
Mobile Grounds, Locksmith, Painting and Plumbing collectively handles
the routine maintenance, service and repair of buildings and grounds systems
for all Washoe County School District (“District”) properties.
- Housekeeping provides the daily, weekly and annual cleaning and sanitizing of all District schools and support locations, providing a safe, healthy and comfortable
learning and working environment for all students and staff. District
properties include 93 schools and 12 support facilities; statistically this
equates to over 7.3 million square feet of building space, 1300 acres of
grounds, and 300 acres of asphalt and concrete surfaces.
Regulated Systems and Assessment Division
- The Regulated Systems and Assessment Division provide
oversight and management of all operationally based regulatory programs. These
duties include environmental compliance procedures and guidelines, hazardous
waste disposal, underground fuel storage compliance, indoor air quality
investigations, regular building and site inspections, assessment and recording
of the condition of building and grounds systems within all District owned
facilities for the purpose of maintaining a ten-year database of all current
and future refurbishment and replacement needs.
The deferred maintenance data collected by the Division of Regulated
Systems and Assessment is essential in the formation and implementation of
future capital projects planning, design, bidding and construction programs. Coordination of the management and oversight of
regulated building construction materials and systems including asbestos and
lead to prevent student and employee exposures during construction activities.
Maintenance, Housekeeping, RS&A
7495 S. Virginia
Reno, NV 89511
14101 Old Virginia Road
Reno, NV 89511